Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Idle screw gone

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 12:28 PM
SCs5thGen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle screw gone

First, hello to everyone. This is my first post here. Iam new to the Nitro RC world.
My situation is... I just picked up a Redcat Volcano S30. I was trying to get it tuned and of course the manuel has the needles marked incorrectly so this made it tough. I called the people I bought it from and he had me back out the Idle Screw 2 full turns. I didnt catch the fact that it was very easy to turn the screw and that it might fall out. Well, when it actually started running well, it ran through a full tank of gas in less than 5 minutes and that is when I realized the idle screw was missing. The company I bought from is sending me a new one, free of charge but is this something I can go to the hardware store and get? A guess it is just a set screw?
Old 02-15-2010, 01:05 PM
RCToysNh

Default RE: Idle screw gone

if you need help we have some videos on our site for tuning etc.

http://www.rctoysnh.com/catalog/videohelp.php

yes the screw is available at most hardware stores. Usually in the draw type displays.

You can also use the throttle trim on the radio to adjust idle. (not perfect but will allow you to run)
Old 02-15-2010, 02:04 PM
SCs5thGen

Thanks for the info.
Istopped by a local hardware store and they didnt have anything that would fit. I think the screw size is something like a 1/8th but the smallest I saw was 6/32. I guess I will wait till the screw comes in the mail. Reason for waiting is that it ran through an entire tank in less than 5 minutes so refulling will get old realquick. I am guessing (hoping) that the reason for excessive fuel consumptionis the idle screw?
Old 02-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Mickstix

Yea, when tuned right you should get about 10-12 mins out of a tank of fuel in the Tornado S30.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:42 AM
RCToysNh

ORIGINAL: SCs5thGen

Thanks for the info.
I stopped by a local hardware store and they didnt have anything that would fit. I think the screw size is something like a 1/8th but the smallest I saw was 6/32. I guess I will wait till the screw comes in the mail. Reason for waiting is that it ran through an entire tank in less than 5 minutes so refulling will get old real quick. I am guessing (hoping) that the reason for excessive fuel consumption is the idle screw? [img][/img]
it is most likely metric.