Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Tornado BB a-arm conversion to MT2 a-arms

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tornado BB a-arm conversion to MT2 a-arms

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 03:17 AM
rcdani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado BB a-arm conversion to MT2 a-arms

After searching many hours, and still no answer, i have decided to create a thread to answer the question:

Can HPI MT2 A-arms be used on a tornado bb? is there any possible conversion to do this? is it logical, or am i going out on a limb here with this idea?

i have noticed that the mt2 and tornado have been built similarly as far as the suspension and lay out of the chassis, so is it possible? has anyone done it before?

any feed back is great, just trying to get an idea, i am extremely tired of over priced shipping and waiting weeks to get redcat parts, so im hoping its possible, it would be really awesome since my lhs has parts for the mt2

thanks in advance,

Daniel
Old 02-19-2010, 01:44 AM
Mickstix

Default RE: Tornado BB a-arm conversion to MT2 a-arms

I dunno about the A-Arms, but I've found just about all the parts off these cars are "close" to other brands, but off just enough so that they wont work w/o extensive modification.. I aint sayin they wont work, but IMOit's alot easier to justorder the stuff online.. If you use one of the Redcat distributors from the forum,like www.URChobby.com they get the stuff shipped within a day or so and it's at your door within 5-7 days of making the order..Payin the shipping is a pain, but if ya put some thought into the order you can get enough stuff to make it worth while..(Ie:get a couple extra glow plugs, maybea hump pack rx battery, a failsafe, couple spare a-arms, some hubs, dogbones, drivecups, etc.. You can have enough to qualifyfor free shipping, or save enough over the LSH prices tocover the s&h outright..) I know it's easier to run to the lsh, but I've had great luck ordering online.. (And their prices are alot better than getting stuff directly from"Redcat") Welcome to the forum!!
Old 02-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Mr_Byte

Anything is possible, it just depends on how much effort and Dremelling, drilling and cutting you want to do.
But it's unlikely to be a drop in fit, unless HPI is getting the same car and rebadging it like HiMoto and some others do.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:21 PM
tylerjackson
My Feedback: (1)

Just so everybody knows (Mr byte my a**) redcats rebadges The ENTIRE 1/10th nitro AND electric line up, 1/8th pro line up, AND 1/8th BL electric lineup.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:57 PM
rcdani

Thanks for the warm welcome.

i just did the calculations for the parts to (maybe) try do the conversion... it came to around $90. I just bent the chassis so that comes first, and at the moment i don't have the money. I guess I'll have to learn to be patient and wait for the parts, but i have gotten to look at the a-arms of the mt2, and they are similar to that of the tornado, maybe just a little modification to get them to fit, and i'll be golden. If i do decide to do this conversion ill definitely post to the forum.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Mickstix

Yea, we're always interested in a mod or frankenmonster! Good luck if ya decide to try it!