Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Earthquake 8e grinding!

Old 03-11-2010, 02:44 PM
jeztur2003
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Earthquake 8e grinding!

Hi I need to know what channels to plug everything into on the earthquake 8e and which direction in reference to positive and negative. I am not familiar with the foreign color codes. If someone could just take a picture of their redcat dsm-2c receiver on any of the 8e vehicles with everything hooked up that's all I really need. Thanks.

Got the wiring figured out now I have a different problem when I go to accelerate I hear grinding I can't tell where it is coming from but I know for sure it is not the spur mesh I set it tight and checked it with the paper test.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:55 PM
jeztur2003

Default RE: Earthquake 8e grinding!

So I found out what the clicking noise was. It would only do it if I accelerated hard and I narrowed the sound down to the rear end. So I took apart the diff and there are some metal shavings in there. So the problem is that the mesh is opening when torque is applied so the question is how do you tighten the mesh inside of a diff?
Old 03-11-2010, 06:05 PM
UrcHobby
My Feedback: (2)

Shim the pinion in or out.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Mickstix

Yep, shims are the deal. Also, make sure ya have some grease or diff fluid in there as well.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:01 AM
jeztur2003

Thanks for the help guys but it's already to far gone. There was alot of metal shavings in the case. I contacted Redcat by e-mail to see if I can get a replacement one under warranty considering this is only the 4th time I have ran the truck.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Mickstix

Just curious, was there any fluid or grease in there when ya took the diff apart? Good luck on the replacement! If I was you I'd get some shims anywway, since ya already have the diff out.. It could make a difference in how long the replacements last, if there shimmed right!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:46 AM
jeztur2003

no fluid very little grease.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:28 AM
Mickstix

Ok, thanks!
Old 03-13-2010, 09:15 AM
formula87

ORIGINAL: jeztur2003

Thanks for the help guys but it's already to far gone. There was alot of metal shavings in the case. I contacted Redcat by e-mail to see if I can get a replacement one under warranty considering this is only the 4th time I have ran the truck.
I just replaced my front diff because of a simalr sound. can't tell what it was but after inspection shavings where in side case and it was a shim issue, also my case was cracked but I though it was separateing under accel but if it was tightned down how could it flex or separate?
Old 03-13-2010, 08:41 PM
jeztur2003

ORIGINAL: formula87

ORIGINAL: jeztur2003

I just replaced my front diff because of a simalr sound. can't tell what it was but after inspection shavings where in side case and it was a shim issue, also my case was cracked but I though it was separateing under accel but if it was tightned down how could it flex or separate?
I also believe it is due to torque issues opening the diff case! This beast just has so much damn torque! I also checked all the screws tightened them down real good took it out for another spin and then it got worse so had to put the diff from the backdraft 3.5 on the eartquake. I filed a warranty claim on redcats site will update after the weekend.