Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

receiver Volcano truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 08:37 PM
TheTattooArtist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default receiver Volcano truck

I have a volcano truck. Today I started the break in process. I checked to make sure the controller worked with the truck, it did. Then I ran through the first tank of gas. Turned the controller back on and there was not response from the truck. I checked and the batteries still have a full charge. Not sure what the problem is, can anyone help me with this?
Old 03-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Mickstix

Default RE: receiver Volcano truck

Probably just not getting a solidconnection somewhere.. Try taking the batteries out and putting them back in, in boththe transmitter and reciever, also unhook and reconnect the battery from the on/off switch.. (try the on/off switch a few times too) Sometimes these things are fickle like that when their new.. Usually just a battery not making connection somewhere along the line. Done forget to use a rubber band around the 4 AA's, if your using the stock 4 cell holder for the rx.. (and consider upgrading to a 5cell 6V rechargeable hump pack.. It'll last longer and make the servos respond faster/stronger.) Just make sure ya get a hump pack that'll fit in the battery box.. Redcat sells one that made with "2/3A" cells.. That one fits.. Alot of the other hump packs on the market are 5 cell/ 6V hump packs, but made with "SubC" cells, and are too big for the battery box.. Just an FYI.. Good luck and welcome to the forum!!

Old 03-08-2010, 06:00 PM
chubspse

I just received my Volcano S30 on 3/4/10 also. I was following the break in instructions and everything was going smooth. Everything was working and I ran the first tank of fuel through it. When I started it and tried to drive it, I had no power. The steering and throttle would not respond at all. I checked the batteries and they were all charged. I checked all connections and plug and found no problems. I took it over to a local hobby shop Saturday to get some help. It turned out to be a bad remote. We took the crystal out of the control and put it in another one and the thing works fine. You might want to try it before you get as frustrated as I was.

Scott
Old 09-15-2010, 10:52 AM
blink!182

Having the same problem w/ my volcano. I've already done all the above and the truck does jolt when you kick the receiver on the truck to power. The only way i can get the truck to respond at all is to either touch the antenna on the transmitter to the antenna on the receiver or I can move them extremely close together and actually have some control over the servos. You guys think it's the transmitter??? I've had it for at least a year but have only run a tank of gas through it. It's just been one problem after another and I lose interest quick when I keep spending time/money and not get any enjoyment whatsover, LOL!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:01 AM
thefish561

I had a similar issue with mine after about a week, just as I was about to buy a new controller and reciever the hobby shop guy found out it was the switch on the truck. A simply and cheap fix to consider..
Old 03-24-2012, 05:03 PM
chevyboi2013

WELL EVERYONE IM NEW TOO THIS HOBBY AND I HAVE HAD MY VOLCANO S30 RCR4X4 FOR A COUPLE DAYS FROM REDCAT AND THE DAMN. LEFT OR RIGHT WHEELS WILL NOT TURN I CAN MASH ON THE GAS THAT IS FINE BUT WHEN I WANT TO TURN NOPE 
HAVE TO GO PICK IT UP EVERY TIME CAN I HAVE SOME HELP PLEASE AND THANK YOU 
Old 03-24-2012, 05:58 PM
Dads like rc too

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: chevyboi2013

WELL EVERYONE IM NEW TOO THIS HOBBY AND I HAVE HAD MY VOLCANO S30 RCR4X4 FOR A COUPLE DAYS FROM REDCAT AND THE DAMN. LEFT OR RIGHT WHEELS WILL NOT TURN I CAN MASH ON THE GAS THAT IS FINE BUT WHEN I WANT TO TURN NOPE
HAVE TO GO PICK IT UP EVERY TIME CAN I HAVE SOME HELP PLEASE AND THANK YOU
Check your steering rate on your radio, make sure it's not turned all the way down. If thats good disconnect your servo linkage rod from your steering linkage. Make sure you can manually turn your wheels left to right without the linkage binding. Sometimes the linkage has been tightened down too much and the steering servo doesn't have enough torque to turn it.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:01 PM
chevyboi2013

MAN YOU ARE THE BEST BUT YOU TOOK TOO LONG TO GET BACK WITH ME SO I JUST MISSED WITH EVERYTHING AND
IT WORKS LIKE A CHAMP NOW THANKS ANYWAYS BRO ILL BE LOOKING FOR ME HELP FROM U SOON THANK YOU...