Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

carb does not return all the way

Old 03-09-2010, 09:41 AM
rk345345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb does not return all the way

Just got a tornados30.

no matter how loose I get the idel screw it will not return to alow enuff idel to stop moving, unless I puton brake then it will stay ideld down. the carb does not snap all the way back .

Any help on any of these three would be great ,Thanks for a video of what I mean could you please look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0AkBZQ1ddo

youll see how it stops at like a quarter throttle.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:32 PM
tylerjackson
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: carb does not return all the way

Use either a small rubber band or a spring to help return the throttle. Also i good new servo will aid in the return.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:04 PM
rk345345

I was wondering about a spring. But whats the problem(cause) with(of) it not returning? It should rite?
Old 03-09-2010, 04:18 PM
tylerjackson

Alittle from the servo not really being good enough and some from the carb itself just being a tad quirky. If your going to keep the stock servo use a rubber band since it will give alittle easier on the servo. You can update your servos with stock traxxas ones or hitec even has some decent $10-16 servos and then you could use the spring and worry less about servo failure.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:18 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Reset your stop collars. Don't use a spring with the redcat servo it will wear out the hole where the servo horn shaft sticks out. I would reset my stop collars and fix it the right way though. The spring on the throttle rod is there to push throttle back. If your throttle is not closing all the way, either you stop collars are out of place, the servo is going bad OR the trim on the transmitter is turned up to far.

Also I agree with tylerjackson about the servos.

Old 03-09-2010, 05:40 PM
rk345345

so I've completly loosend the stop collars just to see. I shure hope the servos not going bad , the sterring one did and I have only ran the break in tanks thru it have had it for about 4 days.
any way if i loosen the stop collars so theres no resistence either way it still will not reset to the spot the stop screw sets. is there a spring in the carb that makes it snap back that could be bad. Mabey redcat will swap carb like i say 4 days old .

Really drives me nuts I can set it all start it, but whenI let off gas it keeps going fairly quickly unless I hit the breaks but thatll suck to have to hit breaks ifIreally don't want to like stop
Old 03-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Mickstix

If your sure your throttle "trim" and end point adjustments(on the transmitter) are set right, then from looking at the video, loosen the collar on the right, and slide it closer to the carb, compressing that spring, then tighten it back up.. If you load that spring enough it'll return the carb to closed.. Also, if you've completely loosened the idle screw, it could of come out of it's groove, in the carb throttle body.. There's a groove the idle screw rides in to adjust it.. With all the linkage removed, that throttle arm should rotate back and forth freely, from wide open to idle stop.. If the idle screw gets out of it's groove that arm wont rotate freely, and also not control the idle properly.. You can fully remove the lsn screw and take that whole assembly out of the carb.. There is a sping inside that pushes the throttle body away from the back wall, so it doesnt bind up.. Make sure all that stuff is good to go and you should be in business! Good luck!
NOTE:If you do decide to remove the LSN and throttle housing, make sure and note how many turns "out", the LSN screw is currently..So when ya put it back together, you'll be able to return it to the same tuning..
Old 03-09-2010, 07:46 PM
tylerjackson

I know the fraustration first hand, i have had this exact problem. Without a doubt you are going to need new servos, maybe not RIGHT now but soon you will.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:00 PM
rk345345

ok thanks, I think i have at least got it working. I tightened the spring up a bit and if i turn the trim on the transmitter almost all the way to the braking side it will go all the way back. But now it just barley makes it to full throttle, and I got alot of brake adjusting to do. I am just getting back into this hobby after about 13 yearsand don't remember ever havingthis mutch trouble. Mabey I'm just lesspatient now. But for whatever reason I like to have my trims be able to be set in the middle and work there. or do they always sit not in the middle?

servos, I have my eye on the blue traxxs waterproof ones. ButI would like to get some super torque very fast ones any recomendations ? whats a fairly strong servo read as ?
Old 03-09-2010, 09:02 PM
tylerjackson

Waterproof would only be good if your idea is for it is "dustproof" since in would destroy eveything beside the servo (I.E. pointless really)..

Good servo choice:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFRS6&P=SM $30/steering

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDEL9&P=SM $13/throttle and breaking

I perferably use karbonite gear since they are ALOT stonger than plastic gears and yet lighter than metal.

Whats your budget?
Old 03-10-2010, 01:50 AM
Mickstix

You can reset the trim by removing the servo horn, and putting it where it should be, while the trim is at 0..