Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

8e series reciever antenna

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:30 AM
formula87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8e series reciever antenna

I have flipped my Earthquake 8e so much it has pulled the antenna tube out and destroyed the antenna so like a newb I cut maybe 1cm off the tip(my buddies where like what did you do???!!!!) It was so mashed up the tube wouldn't slip over now it slips over but my distance has been cut in half.............. so I bought a new antenna not for a 2.4ghzt Redcat and soldered it on and it seems okay going to try it again today. Anyone else have this prob or have a good fix?? the new antenna is maybe 3-4times longer then the stock one was which was prob about 5-6 in long
Old 03-09-2010, 02:26 PM
genitor

Default RE: 8e series reciever antenna

I know for fm and am receivers the antenna must be a specific length for it to function properly. I'm not sure what effect a longer antenna will have on your 2.4ghz receiver.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:25 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: formula87

I have flipped my Earthquake 8e so much it has pulled the antenna tube out and destroyed the antenna so like a newb I cut maybe 1cm off the tip(my buddies where like what did you do???!!!!) It was so mashed up the tube wouldn't slip over now it slips over but my distance has been cut in half.............. so I bought a new antenna not for a 2.4ghzt Redcat and soldered it on and it seems okay going to try it again today. Anyone else have this prob or have a good fix?? the new antenna is maybe 3-4times longer then the stock one was which was prob about 5-6 in long

Antennas should NEVER EVER be cut. If your antenna on the transmitter or the receiver is broken or cut you need to either make it longer or replace it. The longer you make it the farther it should (in theory) Reach. Of course the distance is also limited to the power available, I.e. the batteries.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:16 PM
formula87

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: formula87

Antennas should NEVER EVER be cut. If your antenna on the transmitter or the receiver is broken or cut you need to either make it longer or replace it. The longer you make it the farther it should (in theory) Reach. Of course the distance is also limited to the power available, I.e. the batteries.

Well it works but it still does not have the range it had with the stock antenna......... should I trim it a little and see how that goes. I may just get a new reciever they are only $15 with the antenna......................................