Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 09:18 AM
TCA999
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels

Will any 2.8" 12mm hex tires and rims work fine on a Volcano EPX Pro without changing gearing or anything? I would like different tires and rims. The stocks seem to soft and they sound funny when running them in the woods...Kinda hollow sounding.

Also, the steel carrier that the dog bone pin slides into that the nylon lock nut screws onto seems weak. I've snapped two off this past weekend and one back in February. I was wondering if they make a stronger one.

Thank you.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:13 PM
Mickstix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheels

Yea, any 12mm hex "Monster Truck" wheels and tires should fit w/o any probs.. The gearing shouldn't need to change since there all fairly similar in diameter and width.. If ya get any bigger tires or rims than stock, ya might want to drop your pinion gearsize a tooth or two..

Im not sure, but I dont believe they offer any upgrades for the drive cups..