Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

volcano s30

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 01:18 PM
deejstylz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default volcano s30

just had my nitro s30 out the other day and up to this point everything has been great unti al of a sudden it only had front wheel drive.. new to this so not sure if it is in the central gear box or the rear end..someone please help.. thanx
larry
Old 03-21-2010, 01:32 PM
RCToysNh

Default RE: volcano s30

ORIGINAL: deejstylz

just had my nitro s30 out the other day and up to this point everything has been great unti al of a sudden it only had front wheel drive.. new to this so not sure if it is in the central gear box or the rear end..someone please help.. thanx
larry
2 things to check.

1. Check that the main drive shaft to the rear and the axle shafts are still in place.
2. the drive cups have grub screws that may have come loose. The main drive cups on the rear drive shaft most likely is just spinning on the shaft. the grub screw should be tight against the flat spot. A little lock tite will take care of screws backing out.
Old 03-21-2010, 10:36 PM
Mickstix

Yea, if it's a setscrew, loctite is a must, or it'll just do it again.. Get "blue" loctite.. The red is practically permenant unless ya use heat to get it loose, and you'll probably need to remove your drive cups at some point..
Old 03-22-2010, 01:23 AM
deejstylz

thanx alot gys.. i definetly can't wait to check it out in the morning and getting back out and rippen up some dirt in this nice weather.. once again thanx and ill feed back and let you knw how it goes
larry
Old 03-26-2010, 06:51 PM
blackyz250

I had the same problem after only running it a few times not hard in the grass.  I removed the rear diff and took it apart only to find out the gear was stripped. [:@]  I contacted redcat via their support about this and they told me that it was not a good idea to run it in the grass. I replied back and said that's BS. For the cost of this truck this should not happen. So, I replaced the gear and know it just sits on the shelf.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:48 PM
deejstylz

yeah i run mine in the grass all the time..i emailed alishanmao and he said the same thing that they told me on here to check the grub screw on the driveshaft rite behind the central differential gearbox..and it was only like a quarter turn loose, but it must have been enuf cuz its up and running again.. but now i must of run it to hot cuz i fried the glow plug didn't have a spare so waiten on tht... i've learned alot in three months and breaking things is a good way to learn..hahaha