Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

stock settings?i screwed up!volcano s30 1 speed

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

stock settings?i screwed up!volcano s30 1 speed

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 06:10 PM
josh0071981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock settings?i screwed up!volcano s30 1 speed

well i just bought my first nitro truck and i have a volcano s30 1 speed and i just tinkered with all the screws without knowing what i was doin so now it will idle but die as soon as i hit the gas and stuff? thats after i already broke the coil spring for the pullstart that i am fixing now! but i hope sopmeone can give me a stock setup so i can start from scratch...I havent even got to play with it in 2 months and all ive got to do was idle the damn motor?ok fixed my pull start and it worked right but my damn string keeps pulling out....like its really hard to pull it?
Old 03-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Mickstix

Default RE: stock settings?i screwed up!volcano s30 1 speed

The settings I started at (for an already broken in engine) on my old SH .18 were 2 3/4 out on the HSN and 2 1/2 on the LSN, with the idle gap at 1mm.. (If it's still in breakin stage, try 3 turns out on both needles) Give that a try and tune from there.. Thing is, these things dont seem to be the same from engine to engine.. One will need 3 turns out to start and another2.5 and so on.. Just gotta get it close and tune it from there. Good luck!!
Old 03-27-2010, 11:09 PM
josh0071981

is there some reason my pullstart would keep pulling all the way out...im only pullin half way out and ist still comming out of the housing...well now i broke the pullstart what would make it so hard to pull?i still need stock settings....please
Old 03-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Mickstix

A flooded engine can/will make the pull starter hard to pull (Hard enough that you can break the cord, or worse, the engine could be damaged.. If it gets hard to pull, remove the glow plug to relieve the pressure and release excess fuel..
Old 03-29-2010, 12:29 PM
josh0071981

how do i remove the pressure its just staying hard to pull?
Old 03-29-2010, 10:30 PM
Mickstix

If it's still hard to pull when the glow plug is removed, I think you have an issue Im not qualified to diagnose?But if ya mean it's ok with the plug out, but tightens up when ya put it back in, you need to remove the excess fuel from the crank case.. (Remove plug, put a rag over the head, flip truck upside down, pull the starter cord a few times) That should do it.. Just make sure when ya re-prime the engine that you just prime it till fuel enters the carb.. (As soon as fuel enters the carb stop priming it, and try to start it) Also, preheat the engine with a hair dryer or heat gun to make it much easier to start, and have a long healthy life.. Good luck!

Note:if it's hard to pull w/ the plug removed, try taking the pull starter off and see if you can spin the motor over by hand, with the flywheel. Least that'll let ya know if it's internal, or in the pull starter itself..