Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

2 speed stuck again

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 12:24 PM
rk345345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 speed stuck again

2 speed stuck again. and I'm getting really pissed. I know Iknow ,put in a single speed. Then I have to spend more cash on that, when I already paid much more for the s30 two speed instead of the shockwave. and don"t say well atleast the shockwave has aluminum shocktowers cause there crap aswell. Bend like butter so you have to buy the upgrade ones any how. what a pos. about the only thing is, it does run (when the pull starts not broken).

sorry for the rant just sick of spending more money to make my car the same as the cheaper one.

question is has any one figured out how to KEEPthe crap 2 speed working? the little arm is not stuck out.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Mickstix

Default RE: 2 speed stuck again

Try cleaning (soaking in acetone) and relubing the one way bearing in the tranny.. I went through the same deal with the 2speed on my S30.. Never did figure out why it would only run in 2nd when the arm on the clutch was not locked open, and even when I had the set screw LOCKED down tryin to make it stay in 1st, it'd still just run in 2nd.. I went to the single speed tranny and never looked back, but  after much thought, I think the only other thing it can be is the one way bearing.. Good luck!
Old 04-03-2010, 12:34 AM
BigDave09

i've had mine for 2 yrs and never had a pronlem with the shifting are you turn it the right way to make it shift early or do you have it to far back where it won't get enough speed to crank it
Old 04-06-2010, 10:46 AM
rk345345

I"ve had mine for 2 weeks, and all it's been is problems. Does not matter where the screw is, it does the same thing.. It shifted I think 1 time then stuck took it apart looked fine put it together shifted 1 time stuck again.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Mickstix

That's the same deal I had with mine.. It shifted for most of the 1st gallon of fuel though, before it started sticking in 2nd. But like you, I'd tear it down, not see anything wrong, put it back together adn it'd shift a few times and then do the same.. I had the tranny out at least 3 times before I decided to just swap it for the single speed.. Havent had a problem since, other than a broken main dogbone.. I also heard the guys who have the 2 speed and never have a problem.. Seems like if they have probs, they never seem to get fixed, but if ya get one that does good, you wont have any probs with it? I suspect it may have to do with the environment we run them in? Mine is run around sand all the time.. I think if ya have mostly hard packed dirt or asphalt, the 2spd trannys might be more reliable?I also dont know if the 1/8 scale models have issues or not?All the issues with the tranny I know of, are with the 1/10 scale..