Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Volcano S30 Newbie

Hey all,

I'm very very new to this whole thing of nitro cars... I've purchased two weeks ago a RedCat Tornado S30 2010 model.

I've managed (with a lotttt of complications while trying to do this) to break in the engine of it. I've always had problems when trying to startup it.

Now Ijust can't get it started...After reading and watching many videos Icould tell you what have Itried (it's important for you to know that the last time Iactually could start the car and I've used it a whole day -about 5/6 tanks during engine break in- and indeed powered down nicelly):
      [*]Reset carb needles.[*]Checked glow plug /glow[*]followed each step of ali shanmao video "how to deal with a flooded engine".[*]Checked that actually the fuel tank does have fuel .[*]Checked pipes connections.[/list]
      Still nothing... Do you have any extra clues/sugerences on how to get it started ?

Also, Iwas also wondering what's the best method for powering down the vehicle.

Regards !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Volcano S30 Newbie

Allright!I've just started it after playing for like 2 hours with it . The problem with it was that somehow fuel wasn't circulating. After playing a little bit with the needles and without the glow plugged in I've managed to start it.

But I'm still doubtfull about how to power it down. :P

Regards!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Volcano S30 Newbie

Welcome to the forum! Glad ya got it started! Sounds like you need to make sure it's "primed" (fuel is in the carb) before attempting to start it.. Also pre warming the engine with a hair dryer or heat gun will make it start even easier.. To "power down" the motor, if Im understanding the phrase right, just pinch the fuel line that feeds the carb, and it should cut off within a couple seconds.. Good luck!!  
    Mick Nesevitch