Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

volcano s30 Aluminum Upper Plate install [HELP!]

hey all, im not new to the inner workings of my redcat but just needed some help with this Aluminum Upper Plate i just baught, ive got it in the mail and love the qulity but i am having trouble with where to put my stock 4 AA battery pack, i just wanted to know if any of you have put this on your volcano and if so if you could please post up pictures or discriptive words to help me install it.. i would love if Redcat would send instruction manuals with some of their products.

Thanks
    Wes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: volcano s30 Aluminum Upper Plate install [HELP!]

Im not positive, but I think you need to add this piece Battery Plate when ya switch to the aluminum top plate? I think the battey sits on the chssis, and this piece acts as a shield to hold it in.. I guess ya tie wrap the battery to it or it fits into it somehow.. You could just get some double sided "velcro" tape though, and stick it to the chassis, beside the radio box..

Note:It looks like it comes with this one?Upper Plate
    Mick Nesevitch

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it came with two of those... hmm i guess ill just have to mess around with it some more and probably do the whole Velcro thing

i was actually hopeing it would have came with the regular trey and look the exact same as the plastic one but what ev's

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok I get ya.. Looks like those are actually made to fit a hump pack? But the 4 AA holder should fit in the same spot. Either behind or beside one of the servo's should be an obvious "space" where the batts and rx will fit.. I'd just use my imagination and some tie wraps or velcro, and make sure it's secure.. Double sided tape and velcro is all we used to use back when I ran 4wd touring cars.. Ya just found a spot and stuck the stuff to the chassis..  Good luck!! Hopefully someone who's already done it will see this post let ya know how they did it!
    Mick Nesevitch

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Mickstix

Ok I get ya.. Looks like those are actually made to fit a hump pack? But the 4 AA holder should fit in the same spot. Either behind or beside one of the servo's should be an obvious "space" where the batts and rx will fit.. I'd just use my imagination and some tie wraps or velcro, and make sure it's secure.. Double sided tape and velcro is all we used to use back when I ran 4wd touring cars.. Ya just found a spot and stuck the stuff to the chassis.. Good luck!! Hopefully someone who's already done it will see this post let ya know how they did it!
    thanks for the help i think i might just buy a hump pack for the volcano because i sat there for about an hour trying to fit it in and i finally succeded with failure :P i forgot that the steering servo needs to go back farther then it looked, so to sum it up i could turn right justfine but i also was making WWWIIDDDEEE left truns lol, so im just going to purchase a hump pack... do you know what kind i should puchase because im new to the whole electrical portion of the car (like what kind ofvoltage to use and all that jazz, also what brands to go with and what ones to stay away from)... i have the mechanics portion of the truckdown thow,

Thanks
    Wes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Any 6V "hump pack" thats made with 2/3A size cells will work (ie: fit) Redcat makes one that plugs right in to the on/off switch, same as the battery holder you removed.. Here's a link to it. Says it's out of stock, but he might have them? I'd call or email Kurt and see..
    6v Hump Pack Kurt @ URCHobby: (516) 499-7419 support@urchobby.com
    Mick Nesevitch