Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Steering Servo Whining? Earthquake 3.0

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Steering Servo Whining? Earthquake 3.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 04:40 PM
gigemrick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Servo Whining? Earthquake 3.0

So I just picked up a new Earthquake 3.0 last week and have been in the process of breaking it in. After finally figuring out the age old question of getting it to run w/o the glow plug starter Ibegan to run through the first tank and start with low speed figure 8's etc. After my 5 th tank and finally getting her broken in I realized my break was not engaging. Once I brought it back and took at look at it I heard a loud whining sound coming from the servo when trying to apply the brakes. The servo seemed to engage when I put pressure on the steering plate but otherwise would just whine and not engage. This could have proved to be a huge problem cause then after working the trigger and looking at the servo itself I could see the little gear on top not moving either way just basically whining like it was skipping a gear or two. My question is does this mean I need a new steering servo already? I have basically a half bottle of nitro through the thing barely? Any info would be great! What is a good replacement servo if so? Thanks for any info.!

Rick
Old 04-17-2010, 05:13 PM
jigawatt

Default RE: Steering Servo Whining? Earthquake 3.0

I don't trust RTR servos that come with any kit. Usually I throw away all of the included electronics and upgrade immediately.

That being said, I heavily suggest this as a bare minimum: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXUZ89&P=ML
Old 04-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Mickstix

For bashing, I think something along these lines may be easier on the pocket book? TowerProMG995 
Old 04-19-2010, 08:44 AM
gigemrick

$17.99 is more my speeed... Going to the hobby shop today to see if they have somthing in that range. thanks for the help .
Old 04-20-2010, 08:10 AM
gigemrick

Ended up with a high torque Spektrum servo. Def not budget and def not the highest dollar out there put once installed I was happy I spent the extra money. I might go with the 17.99 one still for my other servo just as a small upgrade esp for the price. Thanks again for the info guys.

Rick