Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Afteshock 8e motor failure

Old 05-03-2010, 12:50 PM
joehanoun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Afteshock 8e motor failure

Hi Guys,

I received my Aftershock 8e around 20 days ago and on my second run, using the stock 3200 2xlipo, my motor got fried from the 1st 7 min or so. I've bought mine from xenon, however their website directs you to Redcat for any warranty claims. So I've emailed Redcat support and Billy asked me to send the motor, along with the ESC, to Arizona for checkup, which I will during this week.

My question to you guys is, did anyone had the same problem? cause it's really weird the motor fails so fast. I'm no beginner and yes I did full throttle a couple of time in the very short run, and that's the fun part, right!!

Also, did anyone try to replace the motor with a better quality one that will work with the stock ESC and motor bracket? most probably RCat will send me the same quality Chinese made, so wondering if there is any upgrade out there with better performance and reliability.

Appreciate any feedback from fellow RCers.

Thanks
Joe
Old 05-03-2010, 01:36 PM
RedCat_Chris

Default RE: Afteshock 8e motor failure

Joe- The 8E motors tend to hold up very well but just like any electronic item or mass produced item for that matter failures can and will occur this is why we warranty the radio and electronics for a period of 90 days. I see you have already spoke to Billy so as soon as we receive your items we will get the ESC checked out and get your items back to you as quick as possible.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:45 PM
formula87

Sounds strange but I would think it was as Redcat Chris said.  mass produced some bad apples in the bunch they sound like they will get you straight.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:16 PM
joehanoun

Thanks Chris, I've sent across the Motor and ESC, Billy should get in in 8-10days.

Any other feedback regarding Motor upgrades that fits the 8E.

Thanks
Joe
Old 05-20-2010, 01:53 AM
joehanoun

Redcat support replaced my Motor and ESC under warranty immediately after receiving and checking the parts I've sent. I was able to track my claim warranty via their tracking website, which is great, and Billy replied and updated the status quite efficiently.

Thanks Redcat, you guys rock. Maybe in future you'll increase the warranty period via an extended warranty plan you can purchase separately.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:21 AM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Joe I had the same problem and Billy took care of me also.... Great service from redcat again!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:20 AM
formula87

Both Billy and Chris got me straight also.Thanks Redcat.