Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Why do my gears keep stripping?

Old 05-22-2010, 03:48 PM
cswtornado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do my gears keep stripping?

I have the tornado BB, it ran great, then my gears started stripping like hell. I figured out what I was doing wrond, (too loose mesh) and fixed it, and then it was fine again.
This morning i was just running it up and down my street when i had a TOTAL gear death. The metal gears on my clutch bell were totaled(teeth missing)
as was my steel 2nd speed gear. The plastic spur gear was stripped, no surprise there. The surprise was that everything seemed to be fine, I just ran it down the street for 2 hours yesterday with no trouble. Today, I go through half a tank of gas and boom, all the gears strip. I had the thing on half throttle, and I was just going strait and they striped. Anyone know why? Those gears are kind of pricy to be expendable parts. Thanks!