Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

!!THE BEST!! (alu) Clutch Spring life help.

No pix for this one sorry, I have taken the clutches for years and added or lessened the weight of them to meet my needs , increasing the weight makesfor quicker take off's,Lessening spring life. And decreasing the weight of the clutchpads, makes for higheridles without the wheels turning and less deceleration with engineengaged, I like it for catching that first gear faster. Makes fora littleslower take off,Buti increases springand clutch life. And usualy the eyes on the clutchfor the flywheel pins break anywhoLong before the clutch is wore out. You might want tomake sure when putting the spring together, to close the open end of the clasp on the spring with a small needle nose plyers. a magnifying lense works good to see it. Making sure not to crimp it to tight it might breakI never have but it could happen when you least expect it. By drilling holes in the clutch be careful it is fastened to something cause they love to spin,if too much pressure is added to the drill.A small tap with a center punch makes for a good starting point. Please use safety goggles whenever using power tools of any size. The smallest piece of aluminum in your eye can float around forever and be a pain in the ...eye. I drilled 2 holes 2/3lessdameter of the flywheel holes better have an extera clutch when learning cause the centering of the holes is hard evenly spaced not to close to the end where their is no hole. When Finisheduse a small file or fine sandpaper, to clean all the burrs up so the spring can move freely. ::NOTE::when using a drill go about 1/4 speed aluminum is very soft too much pressure gets to much of a bite causing warpage, and when the hole is allmost compeeted lessen your pressure and let it slowly compleete. and for heavens sakes use something under neath like wood an oldphone book. Always think twice before you do something that could be dangerous. Sharpen your common senses..... AndGiverFull Throttle Dont Dottle!!!Later!! www.catbob07.rcuniverse.com CONNECT YOUR SPRINGS BETTER SEE MY OTHER THREADS
    Keep it full throttle don\'\'t dottle.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: !!THE BEST!! (alu) Clutch Spring life help.

Now thats What Im talkin About.
    Keep it full throttle don\'\'t dottle.