Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

CLUTCH spring 2 piece install

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 05:49 AM
catbob007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CLUTCH spring 2 piece install

When I first started RC's were pretty much the same. Exept for the price, a preasembeled was around $1200 on up tp $4000 with kits starting at $600 to $2000 where you had to asembel it yourself the pluss was lots of extra parts. Whenever using tools that might create flying debri always wear safety glasses. You've only 2 eyes take care of them. I prefer to asemble the clutch and spring before installing it. First hook the spring together and crimp closed the hook part Secound put the clutches on the spring being careful not to over extend the spring. Ive even heard of people hardening the spring first. Third line up the holes with the flywheel posts carefuly pressing on the clutch when the posts come to the spring stop do not force the clutch on unless you want to do this again very soon. Instead use a pick or smaller allen wrench to move the spring over while pressing on the clutch slowly hole to hole to hole untill it slides on whith little force. Some people prefer to stretch the spring over the installed clutch and that is ok if you like replacing clutches alot. I also have annother post on clutches, check it out if you like and do not hessitate to ask Questions a stupid question is an un asked Question.www.catbob07.rcuniverse.com and OH cat as in Cat diesel Power
Old 07-03-2010, 04:58 PM
catbob007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CLUTCH spring 2 piece install

Thats the way to do it pruit