Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

help with repair on my volcano

figured i'd give this a shot, i'm trying to change the axle joint on my r/f wheel, its the end that attachs to the gear box. The front dog bone goes inside this piece on the inside(the outside dogbone attached to wheel axle). Redcat part # 02051 is the gear box, i have an extra 02033 and i believe this is the right replacement part (the dogbone doesnt obviously stay in since only one end is attached). I cant seem to unscrew this broken axle joint (every time i do the wheels move). And i dont believe the gear box opens up, it appears to b one solid piece. Please help.......

the blow up view doesnt seem to help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: help with repair on my volcano

you will have to remove the housing#02051,take the screws out,split the housing,take the differential out,remove 4 screws and take it apart then you get to what youre looking.if it popped out,the e-clip probably just needs replacing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok so i got to the gear or is it called the differential. how do i remove one of the wheel axles , do i unscrew it (i've tried to), pull it out?  or does the whole differential have 2 b replace?

thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

take the 4 small screws out of the ring,the big gear on the differential,it will separate.