Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Aftershock 8e Battery Upgrade. help

Guys im looking to get the aftershock 8e here shortly and just have a few questions.

1) I want longer runtime and faster speed so im looking at getting 2 stronger 7.2v batteries. so would 2 of these batteries work?
    7.2v 40c constatnt 50c burst
    http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=9961
    or
    7.4 800

2) Can i move up to dual 11.1v batteries? 2 of these 30c constant 40c burst?
    http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8587

3) Where can i get a good lipo battery charger for above batteries without killing the bank?

any help is appreciated guys. Just want longer run times and to be safe and not burn up anything. I see they have 14.4 also if we can move up to that?

This is my son and my first rc truck so just want to make it right.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Aftershock 8e Battery Upgrade. help

Stay with 2S 20c lipos. The higher the mAh the longer the run time. The 8e's can only take a maximum 4s or 14.8 volts combined between the 2 lipos. I have a customer that races a backdraft 8e and he runs a 35c battery and over time he demagnetizes the motor. I can see you wanting to get longer run time but to tell you the truth I would not be concerned with the speed. The truck has plenty of speed and is a hand full to drive even for someone that has experience in the hobby. The stock batteries work very well and I would encourage you to stick with either the stock packs or get some other good name brand packs. Try to stay away from packs that are to good to be true i.e.: a 5000+ mAh 2s hard case lipo for around $30 as they are over rated and are not true 5000 mAh packs. Anyone can slap a sticker on a 2000 mAh pack and call it a 5000. Hope this helps you out.
    Urc Hobby Redcat Racing, HPI, Traxxas, XTM Racing, Venom, RC4WD, Integy, DDM Racing & PRP Dealer LI New York

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i just want longer runtime then 20 minutes.  can i upgrade to 2 11.1v 5000mah batteries??  main thing is to stay under 35c

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No the max is 14.8 volts for both batteries or 7.4 volts each battery. Anything more you will cook the ESC. To get longer run time go with a higher mAh battery.
    Urc Hobby Redcat Racing, HPI, Traxxas, XTM Racing, Venom, RC4WD, Integy, DDM Racing & PRP Dealer LI New York

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok so my best bet is going with 2 batteries at 7.2v.

Im looking around and forgive me on this but i see 20-40c discharge.  Is there a max number I should look for in that category?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes 2 battery packs, but they will be 7.4 volts each though. Lipos are rated at 3.7 volts per cell so a 2s or 2 cell lipo will be 7.4 volts per pack when you combine two packs in series like the 8e is the voltage will be 14.8 volts. NiCad and Nickel Metal packs are rated at 1.2 volts per cell and typically use 6 cells per pack which would make 7.2 volts for a 6 cell pack. The 8e's come with 20c packs. There are many people that use 25c packs and have no problems. The C ratting will affect the performance of the truck speed wise, But the truck is too fast as it is, I would not worry about trying to make it faster. Have you seen one go yet it is mind boggling how fast it is?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i just want a long run time. Isnt there a box where you can adjust stuff. here is the link i found one under
    http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/hobbywin...sc-p-2382.html

Do you sell the truck btw???i see them on ebay for $235 shipped but id rather go thru a vendor on here.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

delete

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok so i can run 2 7.4 lipos and be ok??

now can i just get away wiht running a 4c set up thats 14.6 and that would be a single battery?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No that is what you want 2 7.4 volt batteries. don't put 11.1 volt batteries because when you hook two of them up in the truck it will yield 22.2 volts which is too much. The truck will only handle 14.8 volts max. Yes I do sell the trucks, I do not sell the program card because I sell the LCD display programmer and it is easier to use.
    here is a link to the truck and the LCD
    http://www.urchobby.com/proddetail.p...tershock8Eblue

http://www.urchobby.com/proddetail.php?prod=001LCD

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1 4s pack would be 14.8 volts. easy way to calc it is each cell is 3.7 volts each times 4 cells would make it 14.8v you could run 1 4s pack but the balance of the truck will be off as it uses 2 packs one on the left side and one on the right side. So by using 1 pack in the truck it would be heavier on the one side of the truck due to no 2nd battery pack on the other side of the truck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok so we are set 

I would need
    2 lipo 7.4 packs
    different charger for the packs.

sorry the price you have is great ill pick up both the car/programmer from you.

Question on chargers what do you offer for lipo batteries?  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

URCHobby has a great lipo charger on special right now. I picked one up and love it. no power suply needed. I think it's under $70. Email Kurt, he'll steer you in the right direction.
    Redcat\'\'s a-plenty,savage XS,2 Savages,1brushless XL
    Sprint2, Blitz, Terra Crusher,ast. planes, helicopters and a LOT more!!!