Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

spur gear trouble

I bought a steel spurgear and was wondering if anyone has tried removing the friction material and using loc-tite instead. My problem is that my friction material is trashed and I don't want to wait or pay
    shipping for some. The two end pieces (sandwiching the spurgear) still have the metal pieces and that is where i applied the loc-tite. Any ideas? I don't want to wreck my new gear

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: spur gear trouble

My friend youve come to the right place.  I took the right sized socket sharpened the inside surfaces and made a punch dowell.  so over a piece of plywood I can make the pads out of any material i want Gasket material you can find at any auto parts store 8 bucks a roll will make hundreds of pads.  But then you gotta get the center hole just right to using a ruber hole punch dowell   I found that using a thin rubber like in bike tires or common rubber properties work great they dont slip much but are flexible enoph to save your trans.

Keep it full throttle don\'\'t dottle.