Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

spur gear trouble

Old 07-22-2010, 06:49 PM
sdnitro

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default spur gear trouble

I bought a steel spurgear and was wondering if anyone has tried removing the friction material and using loc-tite instead. My problem is that my friction material is trashed and I don't want to wait or pay
shipping for some. The two end pieces (sandwiching the spurgear) still have the metal pieces and that is where i applied the loc-tite. Any ideas? I don't want to wreck my new gear

Old 07-23-2010, 05:40 AM
catbob007

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: spur gear trouble

My friend youve come to the right place.  I took the right sized socket sharpened the inside surfaces and made a punch dowell.  so over a piece of plywood I can make the pads out of any material i want Gasket material you can find at any auto parts store 8 bucks a roll will make hundreds of pads.  But then you gotta get the center hole just right to using a ruber hole punch dowell   I found that using a thin rubber like in bike tires or common rubber properties work great they dont slip much but are flexible enoph to save your trans.

Search this Thread