Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

New Monsoon XTR owner

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 07:25 AM
thorMaXx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Monsoon XTR owner

Hello all,

Just received my monsoon xtr yesterday. Its my second vehicle. Im also the proud owner of a TMaxx 3.3, which is an awesome truck.

Cant wait to get this beast fired up and broken in.

I have a couple of questions.

Any recommendations on shox/shock oil setup? Will any 1/8 truggy shox fit?

What mods are recommended?

Any sidegaurds/mud guards fit this vehicle?

As far as after market parts and hop ups, any other vehicle parts fit this thing? Ive read that some of the aftermarket rc8t and losi eight T bodies will fit, with some modification.

Thanks for your time. Ive spent alot of time looking throught the tmaxx forums and have found a ton of useful information and am hoping to find the same for my redcat.

Jeff

Old 07-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Redcat-Derek

Default RE: New Monsoon XTR owner

thorMaXx-

I've found the stock shocks with stock weight to be good for bashing, but you can always fine tune them for your liking. The mud gaurds from the hurricane xp will fit the avalanche, but they will stick out from the body.

Thanks,
Derek
RedcatRacing
Old 07-19-2012, 02:26 PM
ezzrock2462

JUST BREAKING IN MY NEW MOMSOON XTR PUT IN A EASY START BACK PLATE LOCK TIGHT DOWN THE ENGINE SCREWS DID A LITTLE CARB ADJUSTMENTS IT RAN FINE NO PROBLEMS THE SH .28 MOTOR RAN GREAT LOTS OF POWER AND STILL RAN VERY RICH USEING 20% T-Blend Ready2Run O'Donnell Fuel 18% OIL TEMPS WERE VERY GOOD NOT ABOVE 200 IM VERY IMPRESSED WITH RED CAT SO FAR VERY SOLID TRUGGY O'Donnell 20% T-Blend R2R O'Donnell 20% T-Blend R2R O'Donnell 20% T-Blend R2R
Old 07-19-2012, 03:42 PM
ezzrock2462

ALSO IAM VERY IMPRESSED BY THE OVER ALL CONSTRUCTION OF THE TRUGGY I HAVE BEEN IN THE RC GAME FOR OVER TEN YEARS I HAD THE TMAXX HPI SAVAGE AND OFNA JAMMIN TRUGGY REDCAT IS BULIT VERY WELL JUST AS GOOD AS OFNA IF NOT BETTER
Old 07-20-2012, 08:17 AM
ezzrock2462

also i hear a lot of monsoon owners talking about shock oil its not the oil change your springs put a stifer spring in when you now jump the springs will take most of the impact
Old 08-08-2012, 01:09 PM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

can stretch the springs abit..cheap fix