Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat Shockwave help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 06:55 AM
GamerKid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Shockwave help!!

Yesterday I found my old shockwave out in the shop and was looking at it and tried to remeber why I stopped running it. I soon found out why and remembered the headache I had with it. I was driving one day and the set screw nut for my throttle linkage came flying off and lost the spring. I ordered a new set, and to say the least never did get it set up right again. I found the little box of parts for the car and tried to figure out how to set it again. The servo horn is off and I cannot remember the position of the horn at center on the servo. I was wondering if anyone could post a close-up picture of their throttle linkage set-up and center position on the remote?
Old 08-07-2010, 03:10 PM
cswtornado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Shockwave help!!

The same thing happened with my Tornado when I took it all apart to get a better idea how it works, and every single time you disconnect the throttle horn. Its an easy fix.
Turn on your remote and your car's electronics with the servo horn off. The servos should return to thier center positions. Pop the servo horn on so that the carb is as far closed as it could be. Screw it all back in (don't forget the brakes!). You might need to mess with the little throttle trim dial on your remote to get it perfect. You can also do the same to your steering servo.
Please tell me if I have posted an incoherent or irrelevant answer!