Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

aftershock 3.5

hi guys, i just aquired an aftershock 3.5. id like to know if ther are any other gearing options? also in the future if i decided to go stronger engine, what do you all recomend? what will fit i realize its a big block, but im a plane guy so im not really sure of my options. thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: aftershock 3.5

nobody? ive searched to see if any body had posted other spur gear options. i couldnt find any, are there any compatible that will work? i also have to believe some one else attempted to eventually try a different engine, any recomendations for more power and better runability?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Honestly Ihaven't had the need to change gears or the engine. Mine keeps up with the rest of the pack just fine...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i got ya. to be honest i was just wonderin cause sometimes its nice to have more bottom end. as far as the engine i understand what your saying.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you want to go lower, put the 43t spur gear (MPO-017) in. I'm going to try it today, Inever get to full throttle on our track, I'm hoping this gets me in the power band better.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thats what i was thinking. have you done anything else to it to be competitive on the track?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not much, just put some of the aluminum capped shocks on, Busted the stupid plastic ones that came with it. I can't see a way to order the junk one so I'm hoping they start shipping with the good ones soon.

BTW the 43tooth did the trick. Loads more low end for our very technical track.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im glad to hear it helped and that you didnt need many other parts. ive read through alot of these threads and was starting to wonder about the truck.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

We have a club member that had his Aftershock run over by a 600 lb motorcycle. $47 in parts and he was running. Another guy hit a parked car in the street with his Ofna Jammin, 175 in parts alone. Do the dumb stuff with the beginner car and keep the expensive race machine on the track. The aftershock is a great way to start, and honestly Ireally like it on a technical track. It's not the fastest, but it's consistent.