Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Price difference

Why does the traxxas REVO cost $300 more than the Tornado s30? The impression I get is that the traxxas has a bigger engine, looks cooler, stronger parts, stock tuned pipe, and better servos. But would'nt it be cheaper to just drop an O.S. or a Picco into the tornado, Buy a better exhaust, and pop in some aftermarket gears and clutch?
    Why are traxxases so much more expensive?
    Tornado buggy, HPI Savage X 4.6 FOR THE WIN.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Price difference

Traxxas prob has more operational cost in advertising, employees, customer service, promotional, design, etc. They seem more well tested too. However Traxxas omits a lot of parts to give you "a great price" on the new basic Revo RTR. Take a look at all the hopups Traxxas offers for the Revo. Kinda makes you wonder why you gotta buy them seperatly while other manufactureres include them.You want the real deal get the multi million dollar Platinum revo.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

-apples to oranges. Name brand, highly engineered product vs. copycat design, rebrand for $300 less. Besides, the Volcano is a clone of a Tmaxx, not a Revo. The Revo owns the racing MT scene until last year (LOSI LST) Tmaxx is just the most popular MT platform of all time (not the best, just popular). As far as toughness goes, Savage and LST might have that title to themselves. In the end you get what you pay for. I own 2 Redcat 1/8 scales (monsoon xp and aftershock 8e) and 2 Traxxas 1/10 scales (Emaxx 3905 BL and Jato) My redcats have held their own.
    A friend will help you move, a good friend will help you move a body!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Revolauncher,

Just to clarify the volcano isn't a clone of the t-maxx. Clone to me is a exact replica like king motors to the hpi baja.

Thanks,
    Derek
    RedcatRacing