Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Price difference

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 02:40 PM
cswtornado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Price difference

Why does the traxxas REVO cost $300 more than the Tornado s30? The impression I get is that the traxxas has a bigger engine, looks cooler, stronger parts, stock tuned pipe, and better servos. But would'nt it be cheaper to just drop an O.S. or a Picco into the tornado, Buy a better exhaust, and pop in some aftermarket gears and clutch?
Why are traxxases so much more expensive?
Old 08-08-2010, 09:14 AM
hhvg

Default RE: Price difference

Traxxas prob has more operational cost in advertising, employees, customer service, promotional, design, etc. They seem more well tested too. However Traxxas omits a lot of parts to give you "a great price" on the new basic Revo RTR. Take a look at all the hopups Traxxas offers for the Revo. Kinda makes you wonder why you gotta buy them seperatly while other manufactureres include them.You want the real deal get the multi million dollar Platinum revo.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:47 PM
Revolauncher

-apples to oranges. Name brand, highly engineered product vs. copycat design, rebrand for $300 less. Besides, the Volcano is a clone of a Tmaxx, not a Revo. The Revo owns the racing MT scene until last year (LOSI LST) Tmaxx is just the most popular MT platform of all time (not the best, just popular). As far as toughness goes, Savage and LST might have that title to themselves. In the end you get what you pay for. I own 2 Redcat 1/8 scales (monsoon xp and aftershock 8e) and 2 Traxxas 1/10 scales (Emaxx 3905 BL and Jato) My redcats have held their own.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Redcat-Derek

Revolauncher,

Just to clarify the volcano isn't a clone of the t-maxx. Clone to me is a exact replica like king motors to the hpi baja.

Thanks,
Derek
RedcatRacing