Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

AFTERSHOCK 8E ~ Newbie ~ New out of box help!!

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

AFTERSHOCK 8E ~ Newbie ~ New out of box help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 02:07 AM
DirtyChevyRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFTERSHOCK 8E ~ Newbie ~ New out of box help!!

I will first start off like an AA meeting and say, Hi, my name is Paul, and Im a Newbie....

(Everyone else) Hi Paul!

Okay, down to business. Currently, my Aftershock is on its way from Arizona and I am playing the waiting game until it gets here on Tuesday. Eeeek! Iknow.
Anyways, I posted a thread on BYT and asked for help regarding these, and about my possible options on things to do to her. (Yes, its a her.)

******** ANYREDCATRACINGREPS, START READINGNOW(THANKS)

One reaccuring statement I hear from a few followers is to make sure that I check my gears before running and make sure that they are aligned and don't need to be shimmed.
A few people had this problem and had to shim up their gears.

I am posting this in hopes of getting a little direction on how to know if they need to be shimmed or not, and if so,the process of doing this. Even though I am fairly new to the RCcircuit, and have some knowledge on tearing things apart, I am man enough to admit, that I DONOTknow everything.

So if anyone has any suggestions on how I can determine the quality of the gears, if they need to be shimmed and anything other that they deem necessary before bashing, please let me know.

ALSO!

I would love to hear some ideas for upgrades.Ihave seen a few things and would like some more input. Appreciate any suggestions.
I have hear of the following;
-Stainless steel hex kits to replace screws,
- 12mm to 17mm hub conversions,
- Replacing with bigger batteries (volt and mah), most obvious.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING OF SOME COOL STUFF.

Feel free to post pics of your RedCats to show some love. Cheers.

Old 08-14-2010, 03:39 PM
hhvg

Default RE: AFTERSHOCK 8E ~ Newbie ~ New out of box help!!

If you dont have the c-hub brace get one. Turn the ESC to 0 degrees and use punch control. If your running aftermarket RC try exp to soften bottom end. backdraft 17mm kit works well. Im using badlands right now.

I have started experimanting with the body. Ive noticed it drives like on ice w/body on but when I take the body off it drives great like on rails. I dont know if air is getting cuaght under it or what but Im going to start by trimming the rear bumper portion like on all the other SCs out there.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:51 PM
DirtyChevyRC

Default RE: AFTERSHOCK 8E ~ Newbie ~ New out of box help!!

You said to get a C-Hub and turn the ESCto 0. Do you mean on the controller?

I am having a slight problem with the truck pulling to the left or right a little, instead of going straight.

Such as the straight-away on the track, I went less than quarter throttle to see how bad it pulled and after ten feet I was heading towards the wall. It seems I am adjusting the trim left and right more than I am hittin jumps on the track.

Will the C-Hub's help that or no?

If you have any suggestions that may help,I would love to hear them. Thanks.