Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

gearing help

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 08:31 PM
craigdennis15
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gearing help

ok lets try this, i have a shockwave, was wondering what gearing you recomend for higher speed, i see the hpi clutch bell is a good change from what ive read. 17t or 18t clutch bell with stock size spur, or would that be pushing it. previously i asked about a speed trans swap, and what parts were required to no avail, i got no response.

if anyone can help im gonn go in the next few hours to the lhs and see what i can get. any response before then would be greatly appreciated

Old 08-17-2010, 10:34 AM
cswtornado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gearing help

I reccommend buying a Tornado two speed shifter from the redcat site. I THINK it will fit (NOT KNOW for certain) but the two cars have the same chassis and shape of tranny. If you do that you will also have to get the Tornado's clutch bell. That will certainly give you more speed, but the switch from a 44 tooth 1st gear to a 47 tooth might kill your accelleration. But I guess its worth a try