Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sumo Batteries

My girlfriend recently bought me a Redcat Sumo Truggy. I love it! I know very little about RC, and I was hoping someone here could help me out. Will the car go faster or slower with different types of rechargeable AAs? And if so, what should I be looking for in order to get max speeds out of it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can throw my way.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Sumo Batteries

I know nothing about the sumo rcs, but I do know you can hop the things up to insane speeds with about $40. 2 AAs are about 2.4 volts, that is NOTHING for an rc car. Get a lipo battery pack thats at least 5 volts and it'll feel like you've tacked on a supercharger! Also hop up to the bigger moter on the redcat site(180 motor <http://www.redcatracing.com/s.nl/it.A/id.2825/.f>) for 5 bucks. The lipo pack will make a way bigger difference though. Thisis what you can make your sumo do. (Or get close to it)
    You might also be able to get WAY more powerful aftermarket motors. Have fun
    Tornado buggy, HPI Savage X 4.6 FOR THE WIN.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the reply. Your video is awesome. I'd love to get close to that. My Sumo runs on 4 AAs. 2 compartments on either side. So what exactly would I need to buy? Sorry, I don't know much about this stuff, but I'm trying to learn. Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not my video! :P
    And I don't know much about electrics much either, but I know enough. Again, I'm not certain that it works, but SOMEBODY has done it.
    You'd need to buy the more powerful motor HERE
    And a LiPo battery pack and charger with 7.2 volts and at least 2000 mah

mah = how long the battery lasts
    volts = how much power it gives

I'm sorry that I cant give you an exact pack, but I don't own any electric vehicles of my own. You're gonna have to look around for yourself ! : o
    Make sure that the pack is small enough to be taped to your car! The first thing I'd to is get a ruler and measure the max amount of space you have to cram in a pack. Good luck!

PS. Just spend 5 bucks on that motor, battery pack or not.
    Tornado buggy, HPI Savage X 4.6 FOR THE WIN.