Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can't Start my Lightning

Hello..Im new to nitro and was given a new redcat lightning nitro as a gift. After following all of the directions, I got the car started but the throttle was way off so I shut it down. Now it wont start at all. Any suggestions? The glow plugis fine and theengine is primed...Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Can't Start my Lightning

Checkout the tuning videos on my site.I hope this helps!!
    JDUBTOYS

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Take the air cleaner off and look down the carb opening with the cars rec and radio turned on, make sure you have a 1mm gap or crescent in the carb opening. The carb should not be fully closed or the motor will not get any air. Also did you turn any of the needles on the carb?
    Urc Hobby Redcat Racing, HPI, Traxxas, XTM Racing, Venom, RC4WD, Integy, DDM Racing & PRP Dealer LI New York

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

First watch the tutorial videos for tuning and BREAKING IN THE CAR!!!!!on the redcat site or jubtoys site. Then break in the car (or that engine will never ever run to its full potential). You don't need it to run fast or performancy, just rich. Break it in before worrying about the high speed needle or anything. So just to get it started, mess with the idle screw. I'm sorry for that answer but with the details provided I cant really give anything better.

Note - The idle screw controls the opening in the carb when the engine is idling. AsUrcHobby said, turn the idle screw until your gap is 1 mm then try to start it from there.
    Tornado buggy, HPI Savage X 4.6 FOR THE WIN.