Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Good Times and.... The Bad..... AFTERSHOCK 8E

So I got my Aftershock last week, maybe two weeks ago. I have been bashing her pretty hard and all is very well. The only minor issue was I bent the left "Transverse" Drive Shaft. This was causing my truck to turn slightly to the right. With a little trim work, I got her going straight from time to time.

Today, was the bad day. With my buddy, I was trying out some 7.4v 3800mah 35C batteries (dual) and she got a little away from me, aaaannndddI hit a car tire going about 25-35mph.

SOOOO, Ihave successfully bent the front center drive shaft and bent (broke) the two screws in my front body post. The rear body post broke a day earlier at the track, where I was running the truck with my body (lid).

GOODNEWSEVERYONE:

My LHS has a HUUUGGEEEshipment of RedCat parts coming in on Wednesday. Soooo I am going to be dropping a bit of $$$$ on so new upgrades.
    Iplan on getting:

C-Hubs
    Servo-Saver Unit
    Steering Servo Horn Linkage
    Upper Suspension Arm Mount
    Anti-Roll Bar Fixation
    Heat Sink
    Shock Towers

....and anything else I think is good.

I shall have some before and after pics up soon so whomever is interested.

- CHEERS -

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: The Good Times and.... The Bad..... AFTERSHOCK 8E

Try to stay away from 35c batteries. They will demagnetize the motor.
    Urc Hobby Redcat Racing, HPI, Traxxas, XTM Racing, Venom, RC4WD, Integy, DDM Racing & PRP Dealer LI New York

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: UrcHobby

To be honest, I think that the truck is fast enough with the 7.4v 3200mah 20c that it comes with.
    I am personally am going to run 20c, I had a rough time controlling the 35c on the track, so I think that I will have the advantage over my friend. Ithink he'll spend more time trying to controll his truck than I will. Thanks for the information though. Which 20c batteries would you recommend?? I have had a few people suggest these http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10098. I know these are cheap and probably have a chance of some of them not performing as well as the others but I think for the price it is worth a shot. Im kind of working on a budget here so I figured Id buy 4 of these so I can have a few batteries in my aresonal. Any suggestions would be cool. THANKS.

_ PB_

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DirtyChevyRC

To be honest, I think that the truck is fast enough with the 7.4v 3200mah 20c that it comes with.
    I am personally am going to run 20c, I had a rough time controlling the 35c on the track, so I think that I will have the advantage over my friend. IÂ*think he'll spend more time trying to controll his truck than I will. Thanks for the information though. Which 20c batteries would you recommend?? I have had a few people suggest these http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=10098. I know these are cheap and probably have a chance of some of them not performing as well as the others but I think for the price it is worth a shot. Im kind of working on a budget here so I figured Id buy 4 of these so I can have a few batteries in my aresonal. Any suggestions would be cool. THANKS.

_ PBÂ*_

Yeah I remember when you told that to me Kurt; sorry if I didn't mention that to you sooner DirtyChevyRC at beatyourtruck.com but I did mention to you to go no higher than 20c and what's the highest you can go without demagnetizing the motor Kurt ?

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. Al Pacino (Scarface 1983)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

20C is good enough for me, just need to find some cheaper but good batteries. Wooohoo, let me find some soon. Want to run this truck at the track so bad but got an expensive week to do some repairs/upgrades.

_PB_

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

do you know this for a fact? are the motors in these trucks so cheap that they cant handle alittle more powerful battery? we are not talking about upping the voltage to the motor, just the amps. if increasing the C rating alittle will fry the motor, then i would have to assume that the motor isnt very good.
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

After running it for one battery cycle, the motor was hot but not outrageous. Ithink it did fine and I am pretty sure that it wouldnt hurt the motor. I dont think the guys at our hobby shop would of sold my buddy the 35C batteries if they were going to demagnetize the motor. They aren't the "shady" type. So I am not sure if this is complete fact...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If your not looking to break an rc speed record this thing is fast and quick enough at 20c; ask anyone on here that owns an aftershock 8e or backdraft 8e.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Uhh, why? The motor's not gonna pull any more than it was designed to. Provided it's not broken.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: DirtyChevyRC

After running it for one battery cycle, the motor was hot but not outrageous. IÂ*think it did fine and I am pretty sure that it wouldnt hurt the motor. I dont think the guys at our hobby shop would of sold my buddy the 35C batteries if they were going to demagnetize the motor. They aren't the ''shady'' type. So I am not sure if this is complete fact...
    A LHS if you are not well known and respected there will sell you whatever you want to buy because they want your money; it's not there problem what happens to your truck in fact I was told this by LHS that I had an issue with.
    Not trying to doubt your LHS DirtyChevyRC but honestly I would believe Kurt over them; I believe he's actually doing somebody a favor by mentioning this.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

Uhh, why? The motor's not gonna pull any more than it was designed to. Provided it's not broken.
    I
    I did here the same thing you mentioned HJJFFFAA but I would rather listen to what urchobby says and not take the chance

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: basketballfan60123

ORIGINAL: HJJFFFAA

I
    I did here the same thing you mentioned HJJFFFAA but I would rather listen to what urchobby says and not take the chance; and if it is not gonna pull anymore than it's supposed to then what benefit does using a 35c have?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The batteries will run cooler and you'll have more overhead for burst. It's not necessary to have batteries that can handle higher current draws, but it's not damaging like that guy says.