Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

redcat option parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 05:05 PM
rccrazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redcat option parts

i am the happy owner of four redcats. an 18E, a no longer sold tsunami epx, a tornado epx upgraded to a race winning beast!, and a volcano epx pro with a upgraded servo and a few upgrades here and there.

but i want some option parts/ upgrades. i'm a huge fan of brushless power and lipo, but i just strip the bajeebers out of spur gears likenobody'sbusiness! i would really like to see a slipper clutch optionassembly. i also have gone clean up to 100 weight shock oil and its still not enough to keep the truck and buggy from bouncing. some optional shock pistons would be very nice.

anybody have any other ideas? please keep it clean!

don't get me wrong i love these cars! they're my favorites. i have so many hppy memorys for them i almost owe it to redcat that i even got into the hobby!

REDCAT'S FOR EVER!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:10 AM
Mickstix

Default RE: redcat option parts

You could try getting some Redcat shock pistons and modding them yourself? Dremel makes a mini drill bit kit with some tiny little bits.. You could add holes if needed or use something like 2part epoxy to fill holes.. (Once the epoxy dries just use some sand paper or razor to remove any access..) Also, I dont know which, but Im sure some other companies shock springs might fit on the Redcat shocks? (or maybe the whole shock from other manuf's could be fitted on your chassis, to fine tune your setup?) Just a couple ideas..
Old 09-02-2010, 11:37 AM
rccrazer

the thing is that the hole are already to big silly. i will have to look into maby seeing if traxxas piston heads will work.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:50 PM
foxys

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are big. Just fill the hole and re-drill it to a sane size.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:26 PM
rccrazer

makes sence.