Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Aftershock 8e

I have two Aftershock 8e trucks and I just purchased the motor heat sinks and fans... Upon trying to install them it doesn't seem like there is enough room for the heat sink to fit on the motor all the way... Do you have two cut the heat sink?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Aftershock 8e

Are you are using #BS803-029 and #BS803-030 ?
    Honestly my heat sink doesn't sit flush with my motor either and the only way I could get get it to fit right was with the fan not level ;if you face the front bumper my fan is tilted to the left and I have had had it like this for a while and have had no issues.
    You can install it with the fan level but you have to do some modifications;some cutting but not the heat sink.
    I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. Al Pacino (Scarface 1983)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Dashiz

I have two Aftershock 8e trucks and I just purchased the motor heat sinks and fans... Upon trying to install them it doesn't seem like there is enough room for the heat sink to fit on the motor all the way... Do you have two cut the heat sink?

Fan sits at an angle with the heat sink......... what part# post pics.............
    Traxxas Slash VXL / sold ECO
    Traxxas Slash MMpro/17.5 Novak
    Blade MSR X /J3 Cub
    Cayuga82 on youtube

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I cut the heat sink down to fit... my problem now is that the fan turns on when the car is and then shuts off... if you unplug it from the receiver and plug it back in it will come on and stay on... what is the proper way to hook it up so that is comes on with the car and stays on... thanks so much! -ben

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would get a 12V PC fan and connect it directly to your 14.4V battery packs. It will carry the extra voltage without any problem. Been running mine for almost 4 month now..
    Clean BRUSHLESS Power