Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Aftershock 8e

Old 08-29-2010, 02:21 AM
Dashiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftershock 8e

I have two Aftershock 8e trucks and I just purchased the motor heat sinks and fans... Upon trying to install them it doesn't seem like there is enough room for the heat sink to fit on the motor all the way... Do you have two cut the heat sink?
Old 08-29-2010, 03:38 AM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Aftershock 8e

Are you are using #BS803-029 and #BS803-030 ?
Honestly my heat sink doesn't sit flush with my motor either and the only way I could get get it to fit right was with the fan not level ;if you face the front bumper my fan is tilted to the left and I have had had it like this for a while and have had no issues.
You can install it with the fan level but you have to do some modifications;some cutting but not the heat sink.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:52 PM
formula87

ORIGINAL: Dashiz

I have two Aftershock 8e trucks and I just purchased the motor heat sinks and fans... Upon trying to install them it doesn't seem like there is enough room for the heat sink to fit on the motor all the way... Do you have two cut the heat sink?

Fan sits at an angle with the heat sink......... what part# post pics.............
Old 08-30-2010, 02:45 AM
Dashiz

I cut the heat sink down to fit... my problem now is that the fan turns on when the car is and then shuts off... if you unplug it from the receiver and plug it back in it will come on and stay on... what is the proper way to hook it up so that is comes on with the car and stays on... thanks so much! -ben
Old 08-30-2010, 06:56 AM
joehanoun

I would get a 12V PC fan and connect it directly to your 14.4V battery packs. It will carry the extra voltage without any problem. Been running mine for almost 4 month now..