Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

backdraft 3.5-to-backdraft 8e

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 06:16 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default backdraft 3.5-to-backdraft 8e

so i wanted to give nitro a try. and i bought a backdraft 3.5. i like how the buggy handles, and it is pretty quick. but i dont like all the fuss with nitro.
so im gonna stick with electrics.

i have a mamba max ESC and a 2000+KV 9XL brushless motor. im pretty sure that on 3s lipo it will be as fast as the nitro motor.

i dont think i could get much for the 3.5, even tho i have only ran 4 tanks through it. so, im thinking maybe i can convert it to brushless.

the main thing im unsure about is braking. can i wire the stock servo into the ESC's wire so that it will use the buggies mechanical brake?
since the tranny spins freely in the other direction, i cannot use the brushless motor for braking.

it would be nice if redcat had a conversion kit. i know that the buggies share many parts.

i really wish i had bought the 8e instead. the 3.5 just sits on a shelf[&o]
Old 08-29-2010, 07:44 PM
foxys

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: backdraft 3.5-to-backdraft 8e

If your going to change do it right, pick up a new chassis (their not the same) center diff unit, and viola, you have an 8e with the running gear you already have.