Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

backdraft 3.5-to-backdraft 8e

so i wanted to give nitro a try. and i bought a backdraft 3.5. i like how the buggy handles, and it is pretty quick. but i dont like all the fuss with nitro.
    so im gonna stick with electrics.

i have a mamba max ESC and a 2000+KV 9XL brushless motor. im pretty sure that on 3s lipo it will be as fast as the nitro motor.

i dont think i could get much for the 3.5, even tho i have only ran 4 tanks through it. so, im thinking maybe i can convert it to brushless.

the main thing im unsure about is braking. can i wire the stock servo into the ESC's wire so that it will use the buggies mechanical brake?
    since the tranny spins freely in the other direction, i cannot use the brushless motor for braking.

it would be nice if redcat had a conversion kit. i know that the buggies share many parts.

i really wish i had bought the 8e instead. the 3.5 just sits on a shelf[&o]
    SC10rs, 1/6 hummer crawler, Kyosho Twin Force, Lunchbox project, Techone P51,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: backdraft 3.5-to-backdraft 8e

If your going to change do it right, pick up a new chassis (their not the same) center diff unit, and viola, you have an 8e with the running gear you already have.