Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Avalanche XP is the Touphest truck ever Built

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Avalanche XP is the Touphest truck ever Built

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 08:54 PM
catbob007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avalanche XP is the Touphest truck ever Built

After 5 Gallons of fuel my Avalanche XP is still running strong. The only problem I have had is the Body is demolished from wrecking so much. I havent even pulled the motor or anything off yet only the front and rear diffs to add grease.And on my 2nd glow plug. The Avalanche XP is by far the best buit 1/8 scale truck in existance. My previous truck was aRedCatCaldera and i must have spent anywhere from 50 to 100 bucks a week to keeper going. Thanks www.redcatracing.com "so easy even a caveman can do it" An extera rear end helps still runnung strong aftwer 7 gallond of fuel runs better than the day i bought it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58861.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	1493873   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55220.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	1493874   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb74058.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	1493875  
Old 09-01-2010, 10:41 PM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Avalanche XP is the Touphest truck ever Built

Those Avalanche XP's are pretty nice trucks; by the way have you ever thought about reviewing rc's for living "BECAUSE YOU ARE SO FULL OF CHARISMA".
Old 09-02-2010, 08:13 AM
billymare

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: differentialpaul

After 5 Gallons of fuel my Avalanche XP is still running strong. The only problem I have had is the Body is demolished from wrecking so much. I havent even pulled the motor or anything off yet only the front and rear diffs to add grease.And on my 2nd glow plug. The Avalanche XP is by far the best buit 1/8 scale truck in existance. My previous truck was aRedCatCaldera and i must have spent anywhere from 50 to 100 bucks a week to keeper going. Thanks www.redcatracing.com "so easy even a caveman can do it"

Tast great....less filling!!!! That truck looks clean compaired to mine....how's she holding up paul?
Old 09-04-2010, 02:36 PM
Br0kenLexan

ORIGINAL: catbob007

My previous truck was aRedCatCaldera and i must have spent anywhere from 50 to 100 bucks a week to keeper going. Thanks

So I gather that the RedCatCaldera is not a durable truck? Thats unfortunant as I just discovered the truck just 5 minutes ago and was blown away by the price. Was doing some research on it and discovered this thread. Being a basher, I guess I should forget this truck, yes?
Old 09-04-2010, 02:43 PM
billymare

Oh hell no!!!! I have a caldera 10E and a 3.0 and they are BOTH tough trucks!! Paul is just a little harder on his rigs than the rest of us .... go for it dude!!
Contact URCHobby They have them in stock at a great deal..
Old 09-04-2010, 02:51 PM
Br0kenLexan

ORIGINAL: billymare

Oh hell no!!!! I have a caldera 10E and a 3.0 and they are BOTH tough trucks!! Paul is just a little harder on his rigs than the rest of us .... go for it dude!!
Contact URCHobby They have them in stock at a great deal..
billymare, well that is good news, thanks.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:54 PM
catbob007

Not to say any thing bad about the Caldera 3.0 it is a fine unit. I personaly prefer a truck you can trash and not have it breakdown or have bearing disolve u know what i mean? Living in Salt lake City Utah is alot better than the desert.

Name:	Ge95163.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1495211  
Old 09-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Br0kenLexan

How is parts availability on RedCat trucks, specificaly the Caldera? Since I like to bash, I would have to be able to get parts for any truck I buy.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:56 PM
catbob007

LOL your funny. HA HA
Old 09-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Br0kenLexan

Not to say any thing bad about the Caldera 3.0 it is a fine unit. I personaly prefer a truck you can trash and not have it breakdown or have bearing disolve u know what i mean? Living in Salt lake City Utah is alot better than the desert.
That truck in your photo is a very nice looking truck. Do they make that model truck in a brushless version, or is the Caldera the closest Redcat truck next to yours?

Old 09-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Br0kenLexan

LOL your funny. HA HA
Oh, I take it that parts availability is lacking, yes? I was just getting my hopes up on this truck.

Old 09-04-2010, 05:05 PM
catbob007

no it is a fine truck Caldera elect & nitro 3.0 is the largest engine it will hold.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:20 PM
catbob007

(AKA )differetnialpaul is catbob007 indead resistance is feutile LOL Yes sir it is holding up fine With a few minor modifications it is a screamen deamon. I have 51/2 gallons through it and only gone through 1 glow and 1 rear diff support, Billymare I am making rear diff support towers do u want one? I have a patent in porogress for my diff upgrade idea, Who would'ove thought it was worth money. I must stop shareing my ideas cause that was a close one. LOL
Old 09-04-2010, 05:27 PM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

(AKA )differetnialpaul is catbob007 indead resistance is feutile LOL Yes sir it is holding up fine With a few minor modifications it is a screamen deamon. I have 51/2 gallons through it and only gone through 1 glow and 1 rear diff support, Billymare I am making rear diff support towers do u want one? I have a patent in porogress for my diff upgrade idea, Who would'ove thought it was worth money. I must stop shareing my ideas cause that was a close one. LOL
What's the run time on a tank of gas on that Avalanche ?
Old 09-04-2010, 05:56 PM
cswtornado

Hmm. The Hurricane XP is the same car as the Avalance, with different gearing and tires. I wonder if its as durable,........ How fast does the Avalance go with stock gears? I might want to gear it for a bit more speed...
Old 09-04-2010, 06:27 PM
billymare

not lacking at all... The caldera shares a lot of parts with other redcat trucks...
ORIGINAL: Br0kenLexan

LOL your funny. HA HA
Oh, I take it that parts availability is lacking, yes? I was just getting my hopes up on this truck.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:05 AM
cswtornado

Well, You need to order everything online
URC hobby is the cheapest and best It also has 2 day shipping
Old 09-05-2010, 11:12 AM
foxys

That's not true. Ireally doubt that I'm the only local hobby shop that sells RedCat.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:25 AM
cswtornado

Well, most of the time. I don't have a redcat retailer within 500 miles of my location.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:15 PM
catbob007

I really don't know RedCat is flopping and changing things around to compete with all the other compettitors. But honestly none of them offer the Quality and low prices as does RedCat and their Tech support is out of this world. Many hobby shops mtrash their good name. But CAN NOT EVEN COMPEETE. IF YOU GO WITH THE 1/8 th scale redcat do my differential moddificartion which will be soon available in a Quick install upgrade after market for Exceede and redcat diffs, until then be safe and wear safety glasses whenever working with flying debrie. Keeper full throttle don't dottle =o)
Old 09-05-2010, 08:07 PM
buttdud1122

i see you have never worked with associated's tech support... lol they are awesome! i wish i knew about it when i was starting out with my mgt... but ya redcat has changed quite a bit since ive started out in rc two years ago
Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 AM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a great truck

Name:	Ig13694.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1507590   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44471.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1507591  
Old 04-13-2011, 07:46 AM
eddie banks

pretty new to the nitro hobby i just bought a new avalanche xp and have had 2 steering servos and 1 throttle servo short out in one month red cat replaced them no questions but it happened again and had to send in my whole truck and controller back to the red cat company to be checked out does any one have any ideas what is happening with it and is the servo saver that is stock on it adjustable or does it have any thing to do with the steering servo how do i adjust it if adjustable do they have upgradable servos for the avalanche i cant find any on line and the fuel tank is very small is their a upgrade for it thanks for any info i can get
Old 04-13-2011, 08:05 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: eddie banks

pretty new to the nitro hobby i just bought a new avalanche xp and have had 2 steering servos and 1 throttle servo short out in one month red cat replaced them no questions but it happened again and had to send in my whole truck and controller back to the red cat company to be checked out does any one have any ideas what is happening with it and is the servo saver that is stock on it adjustable or does it have any thing to do with the steering servo how do i adjust it if adjustable do they have upgradable servos for the avalanche i cant find any on line and the fuel tank is very small is their a upgrade for it thanks for any info i can get
best bet is to pick up some metal geared high-torque servos from www.hobbypartz.com
they have some nice servos with 130oz torque that will work for the throttle that are $10 shipped and some 200oz torque servos for steering duty that are $15 shipped. thats right, $35 for a pair of high torque metal geared servo! i run them in some of my crawlers and my brushless truck. have one in my earthquake 8e right now. cant go wrong for the price.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:24 AM
jabs2011

I have the same truck and yes you should upgrade the steering servo. The stock one does not seem to have enough torque. I upgraded to Hi tech HS645MG. URCHOBBY has them for $29.99. I found mine at our local hobby shop. I have not had any problems with the throttle servo. I have about a half a gallon through it. This truck is a beast!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.