Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Redcat Racing Tornado BB wont drive

Well to start this off, it starts up and runs great but when i hit the gas, i just revs up. This happened yesterday and i saw that i spun 1st gear. So i replaced that gear and noticed a tooth on the 2nd gear was missing to i replaced that one too. So both gears are brand new. To make sure i took it apart and put it back together right, i followed this tutorial [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfdKK4ma_es[/youtube]

I put it all in and started it up and then i pulled the trigger and it just reved up and no movement. So i thought it was the clutch (Wasnt sure, this is my first nitro car) replaced that, still a no go.

Any suggestions? Any help will be appriciated. My next step is im just going to buy a new transmission.
    Thanks
    Ricer
    Love buggys and nitro/elec cars. Real cars are my main hobby.
    Noob at rc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Racing Tornado BB wont drive

check your clutch shoes! if they aren't grabbing inside your pinion your not going anywhere!

The One Way Bearing is in backwards. The OWB looks like a nut with a bearing inside it. You need to turn it around and reinstall it. The owb will only grab in one direction. ( Spins free one way you turn it, The other way it will grab and spin the shaft of the trans)
    Urc Hobby Redcat Racing, HPI, Traxxas, XTM Racing, Venom, RC4WD, Integy, DDM Racing & PRP Dealer LI New York

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

X2 on the OWB
    ORIGINAL: UrcHobby

The One Way Bearing is in backwards. The OWB looks like a nut with a bearing inside it. You need to turn it around and reinstall it. The owb will only grab in one direction. ( Spins free one way you turn it, The other way it will grab and spin the shaft of the trans)
    Redcat\'\'s a-plenty,savage XS,2 Savages,1brushless XL
    Sprint2, Blitz, Terra Crusher,ast. planes, helicopters and a LOT more!!!

Also an easy way to know for sure it is in backwards is if you put the car on the ground and try to roll it forward, it will try to turn the clutch bell. But if you try to roll it in reverse it will coast and the clutch bell will not move. The correct way you want it is that it coasts rolling forward and tries to turn the clutch bell when you roll the car in reverse.
    Urc Hobby Redcat Racing, HPI, Traxxas, XTM Racing, Venom, RC4WD, Integy, DDM Racing & PRP Dealer LI New York