Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

I hate UPS

Old 09-10-2010, 06:16 PM
TwistedMind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate UPS

After coming home to find my new 300 dollar buggy sitting on my front porch despite the package being signature required I open the box and what do I find?

100_1991.JPG

Go die in a fire ups man. Is it really that hard to not throw the box's around ??

Never again, Fed Ex and DHLfrom now on for me. If the vendors I choose don't offer this option I will find new Vendors...

Old 09-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: I hate UPS

Unless the box had some kind of physical damage, e.g. crushed, ripped, etc., you kind of need to chalk that up to the manufacturer. It is the manufacturer's responsibility to ensure that the packaging is sufficient to prevent damage to the product inside. If someone ships a glass vase to you in a box with no packing material, do you blame the person that packed the glass vase or the shipper? The person that packed it right?
Old 09-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Dale Gribble

I have had to design and or oversee product packaging of very expensive high end glass products, so I understand proper product packaging...
Old 09-10-2010, 06:55 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the same thing happened to my transmitter(same one is on my backdraft) but it was my fault as i dropped it. but it didnt fall far and IMO broke too easy.

that said, email Redcat.
i recently posted cause the recoil and throttle servo on my backdraft broke. redcat had replacement parts at my door in 4 days! so they do seem to have pretty good customer service.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:05 AM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

I have had several packages delivered by UPS that required signatures and even without getting a signature they just leave on your porch.
My XBox 360 (sent in for repair) required a signature and they just left it on the porch; before they delivered it I had called them several times to get a tracking # and they could not get me one because they were having issues with their servers or something at the time but they assured me that my XBox 360 was on it's way well it took them 9 days to deliver it and I was not even home when they left it on my porch and someone could have easily stolen it.
I agree with TwistedMind.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:20 AM
sdnitro

A little super glue or epoxy would fix that right up.  I believe you can contact ups and complain but it would probably be a pile of paperwork and a long waiting process.  I would contact the seller and complain to them instead.  Either way it is not really your problem that the receiver is broke.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:59 AM
TwistedMind

I'm more upset by the fact that they left 300 bucks sitting on my front porch. I already fixed the radio. Super glued it up and it's good to go.

Old 09-13-2010, 05:17 AM
cul8tr

My daughter did that to my radio. I used a piece of auto fuel or transmission hose to slip over it.