RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Lovin My Avalanche XP like a fat kid loves Cake! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10027482-lovin-my-avalanche-xp-like-fat-kid-loves-cake.html)

catbob007 09-25-2010 11:55 PM

Lovin My Avalanche XP like a fat kid loves Cake!

1 Attachment(s)
I was so impressed with the Avalanche XP I am gonna get one for my Son. Of course he is 17 years old and I think the Age for a good RC'r The Avalanche XP is the most durable RC ever built I had a T-Maxx and S-Maxx and they broke down all the time. But not this Avalanche XP it is so durable and is the longest lasting RC truck I have ever owned, and i am not a baby er. Keeper full throttle don't dottle.

rchobbyunlimited 09-26-2010 10:30 PM

RE: Lovin My Avalanche XP like a fat kid loves Cake!

1 Attachment(s)
Ye I know what you mean I love mine also I race mine alot at our club dirt oval track. I have been tearing up the reveos and the savage. I won first place in the summer series. Now waitting on the fal series.

catbob007 09-27-2010 11:00 AM

Sweet Hey I have a question, Can I run the Avalanche XP rimms on the monsoon rear end? Redcat sent me The wrong one and the Axle stubbs are different Nice looking car Man. Before I had a Caldera 3.0 and it broke everyday This model is kick ass.

rchobbyunlimited 09-27-2010 11:08 AM

Thanks I really love it. Yes you should be able to run the same rims they are both 17mm but it will sit up very high though but it should be no problems with them fitting.

catbob007 09-27-2010 11:16 AM

Where is your warehgouse locatted?

rchobbyunlimited 09-27-2010 11:21 AM

atlanta, ga

xDIRTYSOUTHx 09-27-2010 04:31 PM

Avalanche wheels and tires on Monsoon. With these tires it RIPS grass like there's no tomorrow.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...O/PICT0489.jpg

catbob007 09-27-2010 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Where do u get those directionals at Redcat? nice lookin buggy Man i have nine low to the ground so as thedogbones and socketsdo not wear out

xDIRTYSOUTHx 09-27-2010 05:05 PM

I bought the Monsoon as my first Nitro and they sent these tires and chrome wheel by mistake. Then i ended up buying an Avalanche so i swap out the tires here and there. Not sure what model they come from but i wasnt worried about it since they fit perfectly.

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3...O/PICT0490.jpg

catbob007 12-16-2010 11:58 PM

Very sweet Ride

Dragonii 02-15-2011 06:58 PM

I ordered my Avalanche xp. Should be here the day after tomorrow.  Can't wait! :D

catbob007 02-15-2011 07:11 PM

Outstanding..It was the best RC decision I have ever made.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...y/msn/idea.gif

catbob007 02-18-2011 05:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
SO... How do you like it ? I had some problems here and their, But nothing like My T-MAXX which was always breaking... Redcat support helped me out while I was under warrenty to help get the buggs out and I am 110% satisfied with them.The Avalanche XP is the best built RC truck on the market for me.

basketballfan60123 02-19-2011 03:11 AM

ORIGINAL: catbob007

SO... How do you like it ? I had some problems here and their, But nothing like My T-MAXX which was always breaking... Redcat support helped me out while I was under warrenty to help get the buggs out and I am 110% satisfied with them. The Avalanche XP is the best built RC truck on the market for me.
I think you mentioned in another thread that you had an issue bending the front drivelines; did you find a solution for that?
What other issues did you have have with this truck and how tough is the drive-line do you think it could a more powerful engine ?
I was just wondering because I am thinking about picking one up for myself sometime in the future.

catbob007 02-19-2011 04:12 AM

No more power Please.  It is already visious enoph.  I put longer bolts pointing up on the ends of the acherman arm to keep the frount wheels from turning too sharp and bending the drive lines.  That engine has so much tourque I actually bent the rear drive line to the diff Bearring grease packed in the diffs inner and outter shell works great it might seep out through the bearrings but is easyly wiped off A kimburo servo saver from Tower hobbies helps preserve the steering servo.  I would one day love to upgrade the rear suspension arms to aloy but fear something else would give and break in case of a accident.  Meaning a 10 foot drop.  The truck is basically built like a tank... But does not like 10 foot drops We have these mounds of snow here the size of a house and this baby just tears them up. All Day Long.

R-U-FASTER 02-19-2011 09:15 AM

Hi Bob, I noticed your profile says your from Dayton Ohio. Were only 5 minutes from Cincinnati. We have done some business in the past but all your orders shipped elsewhere. Are you actually in Ohio now?

Mike

catbob007 02-19-2011 04:42 PM

No Mike I am in Napoleon ND I will fix my profile thanks for the reminder Bob.

Dragonii 02-19-2011 09:01 PM

My new Avalanche XP with it's Jeep body.
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._7056738_n.jpg

catbob007 02-19-2011 11:12 PM

Dragonii Where did you get that Jeep body? "I ;love it" That is so freeking awsome it looks real!! Please do tell

Dragonii 02-20-2011 03:02 PM

It's the HPI Rubicon body for the Savage/T-Maxx.
www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p

It's not pretty anymore. It's got a few scratches as does the chassis, muffler and everything else. At least she can't be called a shelf queen. lol

catbob007 02-20-2011 03:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just be lucky your not running in 3 feet of snow I gorilla duct taped the entire inside of my body to give it strength in this winter wounderland with out it the body would for sure crumble

Dragonii 02-23-2011 06:28 AM

Yeah, we don't get much snow here in the New Orleans area.

So far I am loving the Avalanche, it is a great size, has good power and seems to handle pretty well. It sure creates a mess when you stomp it on gravel.<br type="_moz" />

Dragonii 02-23-2011 06:36 AM

I want this set of tires/rims for it but they have been out of stock. I wonder if they will ever get them back in.<div>http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-6219634..._2147_38589804
</div>

catbob007 02-23-2011 04:33 PM

Yeah those are some nice looking tires where are they from ? They look like the Earthquake tread, But the rims are for a 17mm I have always had to replace the foam in the Avalanche XP tires. The black foam that they come with seems to deteriorate after about a month. I found that couch cussion foam works the best 4" thick cut1 1/2"thickX 16 -18 " longwith an exacto knife just long enoph to fill the insideof the tire snuggly to alow propper flexing and not have any gaps

Dragonii 02-23-2011 05:04 PM

nitrorcx.com and hobbypartz.com sell them. The tires do look like the ones on the Earthquake, they are the ones used on the Exceed Mad Beast trucks. Best part is that they are cheep, $12.70 a pair/ bad part is they are out of stock. I know hobbypartz.com is a legit site, I have bought from them before.