RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat Racing Tornando S30 problem... (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10117933-redcat-racing-tornando-s30-problem.html)

kleach18 11-05-2010 08:48 PM

Redcat Racing Tornando S30 problem...
 
So I recently got into the Nitro game with my son. I purchasedmy Tonando S30b/c it heard decent things about them and the price was right to see if my son would really be into it before I dump lots money into it. So it took about a good 3 hours and blisters on my figures to finally get it running right. About 4 tanks of fuel(after break in of course)and a nasty crash(it was fun until I hit a huge bolt in the parking lot) knocked my gear mesh out I striped my spur gear. Taking my 2 speed trans apart to see if anything else needed to be ordered, Ifound my screws to adjust the trans shift point were gone... Anybody know where I can get the replacement screws and springs? I went ahead and ordered a whole new transmission but Iwouldn't mind having a backup incase I have anymore problems?


For the little fun we had before the crash it was fun...

Oh I forgot I have one if the screws with the little spring for the trans adjusting screw fell off when I was trying to get the car started the first time. I forgot Iput it aside (I'm kinda new at this) b/c I wasn't sure where it came from...

So there are two holes on the gear selector thing. I guessing there are two screws and and two springs that go into it?
Thanks for the help

I'm new to the Nitro car thing but have some experience with some nitro model airplanes..

Valgath 11-05-2010 09:21 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornando S30 problem...
 
try urchobby.com or rctoysnh.com either one of those should have what you need other than red cat themselves :)

buggyboy2010 11-05-2010 11:05 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornando S30 problem...
 
kleach,

I'm not 100% sure so I don't want to give any uneducated information out! But I'm sure someone will pop in quickly and help You out, Also the links posted above by Valgath are top notch Guys and will help with whatever You need!<br type="_moz"/>

kleach18 11-06-2010 08:13 AM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornando S30 problem...
 
I tried searching URCHobby.com but haven't found it yet.. I'll try the other one. Has anybody else had this problems? Are those screws supposed to be that easy to come out?

RCToysNh 11-06-2010 11:46 AM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornando S30 problem...
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: kleach18

I tried searching URCHobby.com but haven't found it yet.. I'll try the other one. Has anybody else had this problems? Are those screws supposed to be that easy to come out?
sent you a pm

SumoRcNoob 06-09-2013 02:20 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornando S30 problem...
 
I was driving my Tornado S30 earlier today when all of a sudden I couldn't control it and it took off full throttle and crashed while still throttling at top speed. It was pretty bad. No idea why it happened either. I've heard of these "runaways"'. Can anyone please tell me why this happened?? <div>
</div>

Dads like rc too 06-09-2013 02:59 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornando S30 problem...
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: SumoRcNoob

I was driving my Tornado S30 earlier today when all of a sudden I couldn't control it and it took off full throttle and crashed while still throttling at top speed. It was pretty bad. No idea why it happened either. I've heard of these ''runaways'''. Can anyone please tell me why this happened?? <div>
</div>
Either one off your batteries popped out or the battery plug came loose. Rubber band your battery pack if you're not already doing so.

SumoRcNoob 06-09-2013 04:13 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornando S30 problem...
 
Ok, just checked the batteries and nothing has come loose. Any other possibilities anyone knows of?? Also my air filter was lost in the crash and the buggy is covered in dirt, including the open carburetor and engine :(

nitrosteve22 06-20-2013 12:14 PM

RE: Redcat Racing Tornando S30 problem...
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: SumoRcNoob

Ok, just checked the batteries and nothing has come loose. Any other possibilities anyone knows of?? Also my air filter was lost in the crash and the buggy is covered in dirt, including the open carburetor and engine :(

Does your Rx have the failsafe? If so make sure to get that setup! Quality of batteries (Rx & Tx)? Did one of the wires from the batt box come loose (or contact tabs in box)? Antenna wire still intact? Wires to the on/off switch ok? About the dirty engine,pull it,disassemble and submerge in fresh nitro maybe?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:08 PM.