RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   rampage XBE (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10298327-rampage-xbe.html)

electricrc68 01-29-2011 02:58 PM

rampage XBE

im thinking of getting the new 1/5 scale electric when i have the money. i don't care what those haters say about redcat, their the only company i know tht has a 1/5 scale electric!!!!!!! just to be ready ahead of time, where can i get extra parts for this car?

nitrosportsandrunner 01-29-2011 03:35 PM

RE: rampage XBE

well naturally redcat will have both spare parts and some upgrades!
as far as lipos, the stock ones are pretty decent. but you could always get ones with higher MAH for longer runtimes.

electricrc68 01-29-2011 04:28 PM

okay thanks. does it come with a quick peak charger? like one that charges it in an hour or two?

PejaPolo 01-29-2011 06:38 PM

hey man so why did you decide on the xb-e? just asking becuz im trying to decide on either the xb-e or backdraft 8e and hop it up with all the aluminum upgrades and all that. I know its bigger and probably more durable but the quickness and jumping i dont think will be as good even though it is a beast with speed and can jump just saying the weight is a factor. so what made u choose this? sorry trying to figure out which brushless to get with my tax return money (not telling my pops im getting way more than last year lol)

electricrc68 01-29-2011 06:41 PM

i decided to get the xb-e because its i think the only 1/5 scale electric rc car out there. its big, and i just wanted to try something big but didn't want a gas powered just yet since all the 1/5 scales are gas powered. and also for the price, a 1/5 scale electric for $700-$800? thats a good deal IMO. plus, it comes with the dual lipos and a charger (idk how good the charger is since thats what i asked).

PejaPolo 01-29-2011 07:12 PM

most of their stock chargers arent good or at least not worth making ur main charger. being a 700 rc the charger might be greater but im not sure which one it is. usually buying two single battery charger for 60 or more would work great but a 4 battery charger would get them all but those are 100-200 easy especially for the fast ones ud want.

electricrc68 01-29-2011 07:21 PM

yeah well idk i hope their chargers are good that come with this car.

nitrosportsandrunner 01-29-2011 07:26 PM

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

yeah well idk i hope their chargers are good that come with this car.
another dealer who has the xb-e up on RCU marketplace has a link to the charger that comes with it: http://www.racers-edge.com/Racers_Ed.../rcesc2010.htm

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemid=713345

EDIT: im not sure if that is the stock charger that will come with every xb-e, or a charger that that dealer is adding in.

stampedvxl 01-29-2011 08:47 PM

so y not  get the xb then you dont need a lipo charger and you will have more run time just a thought?

nitrosportsandrunner 01-29-2011 09:10 PM

ORIGINAL: jkirkland

so y not get the xb then you dont need a lipo charger and you will have more run time just a thought?
the xb-e is lighter, and since brushless motors have crazy torque...will out accelerate the gas xb's.
brushless is really nice. and a second pair of 3s 5000mah lipos could be bought for $60-$70 on hobbyking.com. that would get some pretty good runtimes.

but yes, the gassers do get awsome runtime. most get 1/2 to 3/4 and hour per tank! but they are VERY LOUD!!!. oh, and did i mention they are WICKED LOUD! think high-pitched chain saws running WOT!
its part of why they are soo cool. but there are times i would like to run my king motors baja that i cant. i dont run it on the street i live on, since my neighbors are old and would complain. but the xb-e would be quiet enough.
i have to take my baja to fields, or large parks when no-one is around.

stampedvxl 01-29-2011 09:49 PM

how much faster is the xbe than the xb i live on a dead end so noise is not an issues that is my big problem xb vs xbe

PejaPolo 01-30-2011 09:34 AM

i would say the xb-e is quicker and faster acceleration but ima guess the xb has a higher top end (keeping it mind it might take a while to get to the top end if you dont have a lot of room for a straight shot). i would say the reason for the xb is the gas experience and if you havent had a gas powered and looking to have the "real deal feel" to it. thats just IMO. less to take of on xb-e and you can always hae spair battery sets with you. Instead of buying gas just buy some more batteries lol (not the same price i know but after a few times of saving it would be a good idea). I also think bashing would do less damage on a brushless

electricrc68 01-30-2011 10:01 AM

yeah i just wish i could drive a gasser without disturbing the neighbors!!!!! man that would be great!!!!! thats the reason why i gotta go electric, but it doesn't effect me. i like gas and electric, not nitro at all.

Redcat_Mike 01-31-2011 09:44 AM

Hello,

The Rampage XB-e Will come with a standard wall trickle charger. Charge times will be roughly 5 hours per battery.

it does NOT come with the charger posted in the link above, that is something the dealer is packaging in on his end.

Redcat_Mike 01-31-2011 09:47 AM

also, the XB-e will have considerably higher top speed AND acceleration than the gas XB.

We have not received the final production cars yet to get a top speed estimate yet.. but im guessing its 45-50 MPH.

nitrosportsandrunner 01-31-2011 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Redcat_Mike

also, the XB-e will have considerably higher top speed AND acceleration than the gas XB.

We have not received the final production cars yet to get a top speed estimate yet.. but im guessing its 45-50 MPH.

wow, faster on the top end as well. thats impressive.
i didnt think it came RTR with that fancy charger that dealer had listed. but wasnt sure. good to know.

electricrc68 01-31-2011 12:33 PM

what would be a good inexpensive lipo charger that charges in 1-2 hours then?

nitrosportsandrunner 01-31-2011 12:36 PM

what would be a good inexpensive lipo charger that charges in 1-2 hours then?
imex b6 will charge those lipos in 1 hour each. so, 2 hours to charge both lipos.

redcat has a nice tenergy lipo charger that i can sell. pretty nice unit.
http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/...energy-90252_2

electricrc68 01-31-2011 01:24 PM

ugh. $129? are all lipo chargers that expensive?

nitrosportsandrunner 01-31-2011 02:59 PM

i could do the tenergy charger for $105.
the imex b6 is about $45.

electricrc68 01-31-2011 03:40 PM

okay i may go for the imex b6.

cswtornado 01-31-2011 03:48 PM

I'd get the backdraft 8e. All that 1/5 scale weight landing on one suspension arm totally spells trouble, and then you have to pay for that big 1/5 scale arm.

nitrosportsandrunner 01-31-2011 03:59 PM

ORIGINAL: cswtornado

I'd get the backdraft 8e. All that 1/5 scale weight landing on one suspension arm totally spells trouble, and then you have to pay for that big 1/5 scale arm.
my 25 pound king motors baja has yet to break a a-arm.
i have broken a wheel, and the stock plastic roll cage tho.
its true that larger scale can mean larger repair bills. just comes with the territory.

electricrc68 01-31-2011 04:24 PM

well actually, i don't jump my cars. i just drive them around or do speed runs buts thats about it.

electricrc68 01-31-2011 04:55 PM

are the stock batteries hard case?

billymare 01-31-2011 06:00 PM

You may need a power supply for the B6.....

nitrosportsandrunner 01-31-2011 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: billymare

You may need a power supply for the B6.....
yes, but you can get the imex b6 with a power supply off ebay or other places for under $45

jigawatt 02-01-2011 11:53 AM

that's a cheap charger... if you want a low quality one for less, by all means buy in.