RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Aftershock/Backdraft 8E Loose Knuckle Arm Issue (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10302872-aftershock-backdraft-8e-loose-knuckle-arm-issue.html)

joehanoun 01-31-2011 12:45 PM

Aftershock/Backdraft 8E Loose Knuckle Arm Issue

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, need your help/support/suggestions in solving an issue i'm having with my Aftershock 8E... Loose Knuckle Arms.

I run the truck on a very bumpy track with some decent high jumps. With the stock setup (ie plastic knuckle arms and C-Hub), the screws that holds the knuckle and the c-hubtogether(from top and bottom) kept getting loose due to jumps and vibrations. I also had a couple of knuckles breaking down so I decided to upgrade them both to the Aluminum C-Hub and knuckle arms.

Well the good news is, they do not break any more, but the bad news is... I could not solve the problem of the upper and lower screws getting loose while i'm driving and losing my wheel on the track. Some setupbackground:
- I use the stock metal space (see pic) with the Aluminum c-Hub.
- Use blue loctite with the upper and lower screws
- Tighten the screws only to the point that the knuckles still turn smoothly in the cHub. Any tighter they will not turn as smooth, thereforesteeringis affected, damage servo can result.

I've uploaded some pics of the front setup and pic "B" shows theunalignedknucklebecauseof the loose screws.

Any ideas/support will be appreciated.

Thanks<br type="_moz" />

formula87 01-31-2011 02:40 PM

RE: Aftershock/Backdraft 8E Loose Knuckle Arm Issue

I have the same problems with my Backdraft at the track I haven't upgraded the C-hubs or Knuckles yet haven't need to.
Where did you get them?

nitrosportsandrunner 01-31-2011 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: formula87

I have the same problems with my Backdraft at the track I haven't upgraded the C-hubs or Knuckles yet haven't need to.
Where did you get them?
any redcat dealer can get them for you.

i would try going to a local hardware store with those screws....find matching ones and use them with some loctite. its possible that maybe the screws are just worn? maybe ones from a hardware store will be of stronger metal?

or is it the metal ring that is getting so worn that it give play?

joehanoun 02-01-2011 02:46 AM

I have changed the screws to new one and I also got new metal rings by ordering a new plastic c-Hub, as they are not sold separately. I will try to change the screws again and use red loctite.

How about using crazy glue, did anyone out there tried this method before?<br type="_moz" />

nitrosportsandrunner 02-01-2011 05:52 AM

ORIGINAL: joehanoun

I have changed the screws to new one and I also got new metal rings by ordering a new plastic c-Hub, as they are not sold separately. I will try to change the screws again and use red loctite.

How about using crazy glue, did anyone out there tried this method before?<br type=''_moz'' />
i have used crazy glue to hold a screw that screwed into a plastic part. but i dont know how it will work on metal.

my guess is that it wont bond well with the metals, but may prevent it from wiggling out.
but then if it does bond to the metals, it could be a real pain to get out!

joehanoun 02-01-2011 01:11 PM

Any other thoughts guys?? I really need to find a solution. <div style="display: none; " id="ugdv_myMenu" class="ugdv_contextMenu"><ul id="ugdv_contextMenu"><li id="ugdv_menuItem_google_docs">Open in Google Docs Viewer<li id="ugdv_menuItem_new_tab">Open link in new tab<li id="ugdv_menuItem_new_window">Open link in new window<li id="ugdv_menuItem_new_incognito">Open link in new incognito window<li class="ugdv_seperator"><li id="ugdv_menuItem_download_file">Download file<li id="ugdv_menuItem_copy">Copy link address<li id="ugdv_menuItem_editpdf">Edit PDF File on PDFescape.com[/list]</div><div style="display: none; position: absolute; z-index: 9999; " id="ugdv_jqContextMenu"></div><div style="background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0); position: absolute; opacity: 0.2; z-index: 9998; display: none; "></div><div>
</div><div>Redcat support team, any suggestions?</div><div>
</div><div>thanks</div>

formula87 02-01-2011 02:47 PM

Try some red loctite....... It may be the knuckels