RCU Forums

RCU Forums (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   EZRUN s10 Problem (http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10319853-ezrun-s10-problem.html)

ebackus1 02-07-2011 07:10 PM

EZRUN s10 Problem
 
I purchased a Redcat Volcano epx pro about a month ago and upgraded to 2s lipo by zippy. I used a programming card to attempt to change the setting of the ESC ( EZRUN s10)but it will not go past program function #5 before it cycles back to #1. According to the hobbywing site I should be able to access #1-10. Does anyone know what could be wrong my ESC? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

brew99 02-08-2011 10:10 AM

RE: EZRUN s10 Problem
 
I don't have a s10 but do have the 35A-SL. #5 and above are indicated by a long flash, so might you be confusing the long and short flashes on the ESC? I don't use a programmer card, so rely on the led on the ESC to indicate what level it is at during programming.

rccrazer 02-08-2011 01:02 PM

RE: EZRUN s10 Problem
 
if your using a program card then you will need to upgrade your programing. i use the advanced program card and it does EVERYTHING! i actually ditched my mamba max for the hobbywings.
<br type="_moz" />

ebackus1 02-08-2011 04:06 PM

RE: EZRUN s10 Problem
 
I was able to the higher numbers before using manual programming but now it will not go past 5 with manual or programming card. Under program function 4 I am only able to go to #4 before it cycles back to #1. I know hobbywing make a good product, just not sure what is going on.

scott63b 12-27-2012 09:15 PM

RE: EZRUN s10 Problem
 
from what i have understood in the flow chart and programing (;look Closely) the E8 goes 1 thru 10
The E10 and other models that are listed for  that ESC only go 1 thru 4. watch for differences on chart from E8 controller to e10 controller.

jroptop 12-29-2012 05:51 PM

RE: EZRUN s10 Problem
 
OH BOY,I also bought my son the Volcano EXP PROand has the S10 ESC and I purchased the Hobbywing programming card along with a Lipo battery from Hobbyparts also but havent got it yet.Im assuming im gonna have the same issues?????????????

nitrosportsandrunner 12-29-2012 05:58 PM

RE: EZRUN s10 Problem
 
hum, pretty sure ive used the program card on a s-10 without issue.
manual programming is possible, but it sucks. Now way to know for certain if you got it right.

jroptop 12-29-2012 06:01 PM

RE: EZRUN s10 Problem
 
Ive done the manual programming and yeah it does suck,but possible,just have to keep track of the flashes corrisponding to the function.I will report back once I get the program card.

jroptop 12-31-2012 05:02 PM

RE: EZRUN s10 Problem
 

Quote:

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

hum, pretty sure ive used the program card on a s-10 without issue.
manual programming is possible, but it sucks. Now way to know for certain if you got it right.

Well,used the program card today on theVolcano EXP Pro and sure enough I canonly go up to program #6 and wont allow me to go further,I also used it ona Caldera 10E and had NO issues with programmingthrough all 12 programs.

nitrosportsandrunner 12-31-2012 06:23 PM

RE: EZRUN s10 Problem
 
Quote:

ORIGINAL: jroptop


Quote:

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

hum, pretty sure ive used the program card on a s-10 without issue.
manual programming is possible, but it sucks. Now way to know for certain if you got it right.

Well,used the program card today on theVolcano EXP Pro and sure enough I canonly go up to program #6 and wont allow me to go further,I also used it ona Caldera 10E and had NO issues with programmingthrough all 12 programs.
so the caldera must have the ezrun 35a, and the pro's have the s-10.
Someone said the s-10 was a 60amp, dont know if thats true tho.
But it seems sure that it doesnt have as many program features as the 35a.

IMO, as long as you can adjust the punch control and brake force thats all you really need....well, all I need anyway.

jroptop 12-31-2012 06:34 PM

RE: EZRUN s10 Problem
 
Thats basically what I did,level 1 on the punch and left the brake force the same.What I do plan on doing is the little tips you suggested as far as moving the tierods in closer to the hub,the bits of fuel line on the dogebones hopefully will eliminate most of the wheels wobbling top to bottom.Thanks again for you informative feedback!
Quote:

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

Quote:

ORIGINAL: jroptop


Quote:

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

hum, pretty sure ive used the program card on a s-10 without issue.
manual programming is possible, but it sucks. Now way to know for certain if you got it right.

Well,used the program card today on theVolcano EXP Pro and sure enough I canonly go up to program #6 and wont allow me to go further,I also used it ona Caldera 10E and had NO issues with programmingthrough all 12 programs.
so the caldera must have the ezrun 35a, and the pro's have the s-10.
Someone said the s-10 was a 60amp, dont know if thats true tho.
But it seems sure that it doesnt have as many program features as the 35a.

IMO, as long as you can adjust the punch control and brake force thats all you really need....well, all I need anyway.

jroptop 12-31-2012 06:39 PM

RE: EZRUN s10 Problem
 
I wonder if the ESC are interchangable between the Volcano EXPpro and the Caldera 10e?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:41 AM.