RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   NEED ENGINE HELP PLEASE! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10395880-need-engine-help-please.html)

cswtornado 03-12-2011 03:32 PM

NEED ENGINE HELP PLEASE!

Hey, I was just sealing up my engine and realized I had no idea about the alignment of the piston and rod. I have one of the older VX .18s. One side of the connecting rod has that groove for oil (presumably). Which side of the engine does that face? The carb side or the backplate side? I'm guessing the carb side because of more direct flow but yeah.

The other question was about the piston, it's got a hole in the side, again probably for lubing. Looking from the backplate side into the case, is the hole on the right or the left?
Thanks... I probably should have been more observant when I took it apart...<br type="_moz" />

cswtornado 03-12-2011 04:49 PM

RE: NEED ENGINE HELP PLEASE!

Also, the usual process of heating up the engine and then smacking it on wood until the inside bearing pops out, and then using a screwdriver to pop the front one out isn't working. Is there some special way to do this with the VX engines or are they just impossible to get the bearings out....?

cswtornado 03-14-2011 02:11 AM

bump... needing to put it back together soon...

foxys 03-14-2011 04:46 AM

They make bearing pullers, try looking on tower hobbies or URC Hobby. As far as orientation, I've seen it both ways on the VX, so I'm not sure what is right or not (Ijust put them back the way Ifound them.)

cswtornado 03-14-2011 01:55 PM

Ok, well thanks for the heads up. Well, if anyone knows or has a new engine they were gonna take apart anyway....

cswtornado 03-16-2011 05:48 PM

clad<div>ump</div><div>bump</div>

cswtornado 03-20-2011 02:50 PM

CuuuBump. Still need help.

cswtornado 03-23-2011 02:00 PM

ANYBODY!?

cswtornado 03-28-2011 02:12 AM

<div>
</div><div>
</div><div>
</div><div>*siiigh*</div>

electricrc68 03-28-2011 03:00 AM

try asking on one of the nitro threads.....i hate seeing people like you left with no answer.

codokas 03-28-2011 06:53 AM

the large hole in the piston must NOT face the exhaust port.

DOUG

ORIGINAL: cswtornado

Hey, I was just sealing up my engine and realized I had no idea about the alignment of the piston and rod. I have one of the older VX .18s. One side of the connecting rod has that groove for oil (presumably). Which side of the engine does that face? The carb side or the backplate side? I'm guessing the carb side because of more direct flow but yeah.

The other question was about the piston, it's got a hole in the side, again probably for lubing. Looking from the backplate side into the case, is the hole on the right or the left?
Thanks... I probably should have been more observant when I took it apart...<br type=''_moz'' />

cswtornado 03-29-2011 02:58 AM

THANK you!

codokas 03-29-2011 05:31 AM

Anytime
DOUG

ORIGINAL: cswtornado

THANK you!