RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   why is Redcat so inexpensive? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10422479-why-redcat-so-inexpensive.html)

massenrg4 03-25-2011 01:41 PM

why is Redcat so inexpensive?

I've been looking at gettinga new nitro vehicle and redcat seems to be the most modestly priced stuff around. Is it inferior? Why so cheap?

Thanks.

Hack u 2 03-25-2011 01:50 PM

RE: why is Redcat so inexpensive?

They do not spend $100,000's on marketing and adds. No high profile sponcered drivers to pay...etc. And cheaper electronics...still good. They are wholesalers and distributors so that makes good $$ on qnty sales.

Dale Gribble 03-25-2011 02:07 PM

Redcat isn't an RC manufacturer. They buy OEM products from a Chinese manufacturer (Himoto HSP I believe). Redcat specs what bodies, features, stickers, etc. they want on their products, and the Chinese manufacturer makes the product to Redcat specs after Redcat agrees to buy a minimum quantity of kits and parts of the model. So, Redcat isn't an RC company like Associated, Losi, etc. They are an OEM distributor of Chinese designed and manufactured products.

Redcat can save a lot of money when they don't have to pay for American mechanical designers, product managers, assemblers, etc. On the plus, the products are cheaper.

On the negative, Redcat Racing is bound to the products that the OEM manufactures, faults and all. There is also a bigger issue of trade imbalance between China and US, but I won't get into it here.

nitrosportsandrunner 03-25-2011 03:07 PM

i was gonna post an answer, but between hack u 2 and dale its pretty much all been covered!

Hack u 2 03-25-2011 03:28 PM

What are you waiting for....just buy one. Get hooked dude!

Dragonii 03-25-2011 05:12 PM

Can't go wrong with their 1/8 nitro pro series for sure. They are very well made and have lots of power.

Haddi Taha 03-25-2011 06:35 PM

Doesn't this site have redcat ads? anyway everone else is right.</p>

nitrosportsandrunner 03-26-2011 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: Haddi Taha

Doesn't this site have redcat ads? anyway everone else is right.</p>
the "redcat" ads on this site are from redcat dealers who have websites. redcat does not advertise, but some of their dealer do.

Clmbngfrk18 03-29-2011 07:23 PM

I agree just get one I bought a hurricane xtr shipped with a quart of fuel and starter kit for 320 and I love it it was my fist car so I wasn't out to spend $$$$$ I've had a few minor problems with it but they were all user error and I'm hooked now barley 1/2 a gallon through it yet and I'm looking for upgrades and planning on getting a 2nd probally a MT for winter months