RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Potential New Owner - Ground Pounder or 8e? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10478209-potential-new-owner-ground-pounder-8e.html)

Razdawg 04-22-2011 06:08 AM

Potential New Owner - Ground Pounder or 8e?

Hi all,

I am in the mood for something different in the r/c world and I am taking a serious look at the Ground Pounder.

Can anyone share with me the pluses and minuses of this model.

Thank you.

Hack u 2 04-22-2011 06:41 AM

RE: Potential New Owner - Ground Pounder or 8e?

This is a solid beast. You will want to replace the electronics eventually as they are commonly glitchy. Fun factor is 10 out of 10. The 4 mode steering is awesome. I would take this over a Clod Buster any day. It will drive and smash over alot of things. Having all my cars brushless its tempting to throw a brushless system in....but thr truck is purpose built as is. I am going to put the "Kong" tires on mine for the ultimate monster look.

masterhacker1989 04-22-2011 01:35 PM

Ive heard that the servos can go out. But ive heard the same thing about alot of redcat vechiles. If the one in my earthquake goes out I have a spare Savox servo sitting in my toolbox for my Rc's. Ive noticed that the one in my earthquake has gotten a lot weaker recently. Other than that though ive seen a few people complaining about the Esc's not working out of the box (i worked at a hobby store, and this happens with hpi, traxxas, and losi as well), I wouldn't let that detour me from getting one, they look super fun

Razdawg 04-23-2011 07:37 AM

Thanks for the response so far. By the sounds of it the electronics leave a little to be desired. I know that the rtr radio is 3 channel, but would a flysky 2.4 radio work? I think the fs-gt has a 3rd channel?

I have read some that the axles are a problem spot, but these where older posts. Does anyone know if the newer Ground Pounder's address this issue?

Also another concern I see written about is parts support. This seems to be the knock on many small companies.

Still hoping for more insight into this truck. Thanks!

masterhacker1989 04-23-2011 01:08 PM

I use U********* for my parts, they ship super fast. As far as I know they dont have problems with the receiver/radio.

JTuepker1 04-23-2011 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Razdawg

Thanks for the response so far. By the sounds of it the electronics leave a little to be desired. I know that the rtr radio is 3 channel, but would a flysky 2.4 radio work? I think the fs-gt has a 3rd channel?

I have read some that the axles are a problem spot, but these where older posts. Does anyone know if the newer Ground Pounder's address this issue?

Also another concern I see written about is parts support. This seems to be the knock on many small companies.

Still hoping for more insight into this truck. Thanks!
flysky makes a 3 channel version gt3b i think it is. Nice upgrade for a radio and receiver

Razdawg 04-27-2011 04:21 AM

Funny you should say that as I have a Flysky gt3b on the way.

Hopefully if I do get a GP it will allow me to still use 4ws.

So how much $$$$ to upgrade this to brushless?

Now in looking at the GP the Redcat line of 8e vehicles have also caught my eye. I am assuming that these 3 models share most parts but is one "better" than the others?

Sure makes it hard to choose...... Heh.