RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   problem with my electronics? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10488779-problem-my-electronics.html)

electricrc68 04-27-2011 05:37 PM

problem with my electronics?

hey,

i moved the electronics (motor and esc) to my bandit from my twister. i didn't have the servo in, well i did for a little but took it out because it didn't work. anyway, NOTHING will work. i rebinded maybe 15 times, tried reprogramming, but the programming won't work, and have everything hooked up. what could be the problem? there is no throttle or anything.<br type="_moz" />

nitrosportsandrunner 04-27-2011 05:42 PM

RE: problem with my electronics?

after you rebinded the Rx to the Tx, does the LED on the Rx come on solid red?

make sure you have the ESC plugged into the Rx the correct way.

make sure the settings on your radio are as they should be when programming the ESC

electricrc68 04-27-2011 05:45 PM

what do you mean by the settings on my radio being correct? the led on the Rx comes up solid blue.

nitrosportsandrunner 04-27-2011 06:09 PM

ORIGINAL: electricrc68

what do you mean by the settings on my radio being correct? the led on the Rx comes up solid blue.
check the manual on your reciever. its solid red on the dsm-2c. solid blue may be the right color for the radio that comes with the twister.

i know that some ESC's have to have the throttle trim set to 0, and the throttle reversing switch in a certain position(normal or reverse)
not true with all ESC's tho. and im not familliar enough with the twister's esc.

electricrc68 04-27-2011 06:13 PM

okay thanks. could it have something to do with the servo?

nitrosportsandrunner 04-27-2011 06:35 PM

okay thanks. could it have something to do with the servo?
if you have a BAD servo plugged into the reciever it can effect the ESC.

electricrc68 04-28-2011 03:56 AM

maybe its that. im not sure. it keeps making a clicking sound and won't move.

electricrc68 04-28-2011 04:23 AM

wait i got it to work. the esc was connected to the receiver wrong. stupid me! [:@]

nitrosportsandrunner 04-28-2011 09:16 AM

wait i got it to work. the esc was connected to the receiver wrong. stupid me! [:@]
been there done that.

had a buddy do the same thing. tried everything and couldnt get the ESC to work. i took one look at it and saw the ESC plugged into the Rx wrong. its easy to spot that kinda mistake when you have done the same thing yourself:eek:

electricrc68 04-28-2011 02:03 PM

yeah. gets frustrating, but when you find out, you feel dumb.

All-or-Nothing 04-28-2011 02:28 PM

Glad you got it working.....:D