RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Caledera 10E Reverse not working ? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10671607-caledera-10e-reverse-not-working.html)

soldier5050 08-15-2011 07:49 AM

Caledera 10E Reverse not working ?

On my Caldera 10E my reverse is not working on both of them ?? Forwardis fine turning is fine just reverse.Any help would be great !

Wearyman 08-15-2011 08:47 AM

RE: Caledera 10E Reverse not working ?

When you apply reverse control input does the motor turn? If not you could have either a loose wire, an ESC issue or an issue with the RC TX or RX.

soldier5050 08-15-2011 08:49 AM

nothing just sits there .

Wearyman 08-15-2011 09:03 AM

Ok, then it's probably one of the things I mentioned.

First, check all of your connections, ensure they are all tight, and test again.

if no change, then try using another TX and RX unit (If you have several RC cars and/or planes I'd imagine you have at least one spare transmitter and receiver laying about)

If no change then probably a faulty ESC, contact Recat for a warranty replacement part.

NewRageRC 08-15-2011 10:12 AM

Play with your trim first. I go back and forth between a few cars with my radio and sometimes if I don't set the trim the trigger won't actually be at neutral. Since you pull once for brake, twice for reverse, it never triggers the second pull.

Wearyman 08-15-2011 11:34 AM

ORIGINAL: NewRageRC

Play with your trim first. I go back and forth between a few cars with my radio and sometimes if I don't set the trim the trigger won't actually be at neutral. Since you pull once for brake, twice for reverse, it never triggers the second pull.

Interesting. That didn't even occur to me. Of course, I removed the stock Redcat receiver and set it and the stock transmitter aside as soon as I unboxed my Caldera. I'm using a much more powerful FrSky diversity TX module in a Futaba 9Cap Radio with an 8 channel RX . So I'm using the "double stick" method of driving. (I can't stand "wheel" radios, and I really can't stand the incredibly crappy radios the car makers give you. I wish I could buy one with no radio, but NOBODY sells "ARD" cars.)

soldier5050 08-15-2011 12:41 PM

Guys thank so much but nothing helps checked all connections and did some reading on the FlySky FS-GT2B and seems like nothing works .

Hey wearyman where can I purchase what you mentioned ??

All stock stuff sucks big time!~ Do not understand why they can't offer good quality ? I would pay more to get it .....</p>

soldier5050 08-15-2011 12:49 PM

Well was messing with it and the thing worked a time or two then stopped reverse . Seems like the radio is weird when I pull the trigger forwards for the reverse . ??? Seems to get more crazy as I run it ........

jackstraw72 08-25-2011 09:19 AM

try reprograming the esc and calibrate the controller .I just bought the fs-2gtb on ebay under 30.00 del.

nitrosportsandrunner 08-25-2011 11:06 AM

sometimes its just a throttle trim that needs adjustment!

foxys 08-25-2011 01:58 PM

+1 on the throttle trim.  And as much as I like the FlySky for being a good cheap radio, I've noticed it's trims wander.  A LOT...

rootbeerslop 08-29-2011 11:49 AM

<div style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); padding-top: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; ">I have the same problem, among others.

1. Transaxle rattle

2. Remote control only goes to about 30 yrds, and then complete control loss... which means it may slam into a tree or fly off a cliff.

3. After 1 battery worth of use, 2 of my lower shock screws are gone...

4. Reverse needs tweaking

I am frustrated with this truck.

My friend brought his Traxxas over, and the Caldera SMOKES it, and out climbs it... but he retains control of this for at least 50 solid yards. (Long antenna on his remote)
I can't even stretch this things legs all the way it is so limited with range.

Granted, this is one of my first rc vehicles other than a chopper, but I certainly expect more out of the box for 190.00. Especially if you have to spend 75.00 on upgrades just to make it work decently.... Why not just buy a better one ?

I would truly appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do to make this thing work well. I like it, I just think it has some weaknesses that make it annoying.
I've had it 2 weeks and only gotten 2 batteries worth of use because of things breaking.

Only thing I have done so far is get two 7.4V batts... makes it run great, and has good life, if the truck would stay together.
-and I'm only running it on flat ground in a park... nothing crazy.

1. Can I upgrade the transmitter? Is it worth it, or should I just get another truck instead ?
2. Do I need to replace the transaxle, or can I just run it until it stop functioning?

Thanks !!!
</div>

soldier5050 08-31-2011 05:12 PM

rootbeerslop that sounds like mine . Wish mine would fly off a cliff ! Gosh my luck is not that good .