RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Difference between Rampage MT and XT??? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/10686966-difference-between-rampage-mt-xt.html)

dsomonster 08-25-2011 11:36 AM

Difference between Rampage MT and XT???

Sorry for the newbie question, but I would like to know the differences between the two models. Please help a brother out!

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance on this one.</p>

foxys 08-25-2011 01:29 PM

RE: Difference between Rampage MT and XT???

MT is bigger, slower and tougher then the XT. XT will go faster (it's quite a bit lighter). If all your doing is bashing around the back yard running over 1/8th scale cars (a very fun pasttime Imight add) then the MT is probably the truck you want. If you want lean and fast, go with the XT. For me I'm a speed freak, so my XB (buggy version) gets more use them my MT. Both are excellent vehicles, and once you have one you'll never go back. My Monsoon rarely gets run now.

nitrosportsandrunner 08-25-2011 02:08 PM

i dont know if i would say the MT is tougher than the XT. weight equals mass that does more damage if you crash or land hard.
If it were my money, i would get an XT. i like that its lighter, but still 4wd and a 30cc motor. and at under $600 its not bad for a 1/5 gasser.
"shameless plug" i sell the XT for $560 shipped with a free sumo crawler[8D]

dsomonster 08-25-2011 02:20 PM

Thanks for the quick feedback guys. My sons are not racers...YET!!! They are graduating from 1/10 scale brushless and want to get in to gas. Ihave a Hurricane 1/8th they bash around with every now and then, but they want their own vehicles. Of course they want the biggest and the baddest...I guess the apples don't fall too far from the tree?

Rampage +Sumo for under $600.00. Imust research. Iwill hit your website as soon as this post is completed!

Thanks again for all the help.

-Ron in SoCal

dsomonster 08-25-2011 02:31 PM

Nitrosportsandrunner,
Do you have a website? Isaw the RCUniverse ads, but just checking to see if you have an official website. Let me know.

Thanks,
-Ron

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i dont know if i would say the MT is tougher than the XT. weight equals mass that does more damage if you crash or land hard.
If it were my money, i would get an XT. i like that its lighter, but still 4wd and a 30cc motor. and at under $600 its not bad for a 1/5 gasser.
"shameless plug" i sell the XT for $580 shipped with a free sumo crawler[8D]

dsomonster 08-25-2011 02:43 PM

ORIGINAL: foxys

MT is bigger, slower and tougher then the XT. XT will go faster (it's quite a bit lighter). If all your doing is bashing around the back yard running over 1/8th scale cars (a very fun pasttime Imight add) then the MT is probably the truck you want. If you want lean and fast, go with the XT. For me I'm a speed freak, so my XB (buggy version) gets more use them my MT. Both are excellent vehicles, and once you have one you'll never go back. My Monsoon rarely gets run now.

Foxys,
You have a lot of high dollar toys just "sitting around". I envy you. My boys are bashers for sure. Not too good on the pavement but "balls out" in the dirt and sand. They love the jumps. They will launch my Hurricane, or should I say, their Hurricane off of anything. They make ramps out of anything they can get their hands on just to see the cars fly. I get a kick out of it too. Nitrosportsandrunner seems to have a good deal on the XT and a Sumo for free...that's a deal.
I am ready to buy now since my oldest is turning 13 in 2 weeks. I will PMNitrosportsandrunner to see what he has.

Thanks for the input again. By the way, what is your next purchase...a real Baja Truck?

-Ron in SoCal

nitrosportsandrunner 08-25-2011 02:47 PM

sorry, but i dont have any website. i sell on RCU and i have an ebay store. but anything you want in my store i can get for alittle better price direct(instead of ebay getting a cut)
http://stores.ebay.com/rcprodriver?_rdc=1

foxys 08-25-2011 03:17 PM

Actually I'm a dealer as well. :)  I also have 4 boys and we always try to out do one another. :D

dsomonster 08-25-2011 03:37 PM

ORIGINAL: foxys

Actually I'm a dealer as well. :) I also have 4 boys and we always try to out do one another. :D

4 boys. There must be a lot of testosterone around your house. They all drive RC vehicles? Must be crazy when all of you get together. Ihave 2 boys and a daughter. We all ride off-road (quads) and RV camp. They are used to all the electric stuff but want the gas now. I used to race Traxass for fun around the LHStracks in SoCal about 25 years ago, but the LHS is very far and few in between nowadays. We are relegated to the occasional open lot and while out camping. Still fun nontheless.

Cool!

Thank you for the insight in to your life! Hopefully we will join the 1/5 club soon!

-Ron

nitrosportsandrunner 08-25-2011 03:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my boy is 1&1/2 years old. already he likes to play with my RC's. he will grab my remotes or the tires any chance he get.
if he gets into my hobby room while im working, he picks up a hex driver and tries to put it on whatever chassis im working on.
I cant wait till he is big enough to drive his first RC!
check him out when he was 7 months old next to my KM baja! and then going up the stairs with an RC ATV and last with my broken bandit.

dsomonster 08-25-2011 03:49 PM

my boy is 1&amp;1/2 years old. already he likes to play with my RC's. he will grab my remotes or the tires any chance he get.
if he gets into my hobby room while im working, he picks up a hex driver and tries to put it on whatever chassis im working on.

Ben,
Starting them young! Great hobby to get in to. My youngest started at 3 and is going on strong 2 years later. Isent you some emails.

Let me know.

Thanks,
-Ron

nitrosportsandrunner 08-25-2011 03:53 PM

yep, gottem and sent a reply.

foxys 08-25-2011 04:44 PM

Actually all 5 of the guys and both of the girls drive. We just set my 2 year old grand daughter up with a car this last week. She's having a blast with her sumo. We've done the mini bike thing, but after the 4th or 5th time to the hospital we decided to find something just as competetive with a few less broken bones. Encourage your little one to "work" on stuff. All my kids have a strong mechanical aptitude, we encourage it early. I only have to fix my cars thank goodness.

dsomonster 08-26-2011 10:48 AM

Foxys,
Unfortunately,I am the only one with any mechanical aptitude at this point. My oldest (13) is more interested in X-Box and texting. My daughter (11) sits with me when I tinker with the toys or my "real cars", but is relegated to handing me tools. My youngest (6) wants to tear things apart but not put them back together. Maybe in time he will be able to wrench on stuff.

I have to fix everybody's stuff, but that is OK. I sit in an office all day so turning wrench is more fun than it is work.

Keep up the good work raising them kids. They are our future. Oh Lord, help us! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif

-Ron

foxys 08-26-2011 11:53 AM

I admit to sneaking out to the shop and "working" on cars when I should be doing sales support. :D  Gotta love laptops...

dsomonster 08-27-2011 04:45 AM

my boy is 1&amp;1/2 years old. already he likes to play with my RC's. he will grab my remotes or the tires any chance he get.
check him out when he was 7 months old next to my KM baja! and then going up the stairs with an RC ATV and last with my broken bandit.
Ben,
Great pic. Your buggy is bigger than your lil' buddy! That won't last too long. Good looking kid and toys to boot. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../thumbs_up.gif

-Ron

rchobbyunlimited 08-27-2011 07:17 AM

The MT is a much strong truck then the XT but I dont agree about the slower on my MT with the gaers lowred and a tuned pipe it will just as fast as my XT MT has lees breakage because of the stronger parts. Longer run times because the MT has a larger fuel tank so more time racing or bashing. MT is much bigger so there is more of a WOW factor when you get the beast rolling right. The MT has way better handling capabilties and turnning better because of the dual sterring servos the XT does not turn well at all. I run my MT much more then my XT great bang for the buck.

smokinzoltar 09-10-2019 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by rchobbyunlimited (Post 10689265)
The MT is a much strong truck then the XT but I dont agree about the slower on my MT with the gaers lowred and a tuned pipe it will just as fast as my XT MT has lees breakage because of the stronger parts. Longer run times because the MT has a larger fuel tank so more time racing or bashing. MT is much bigger so there is more of a WOW factor when you get the beast rolling right. The MT has way better handling capabilties and turnning better because of the dual sterring servos the XT does not turn well at all. I run my MT much more then my XT great bang for the buck.

What gears did you upgrade to? I just got the MT for a very nice price ($300) and I love it! I would like to make it faster, I don't want to change everything on the truck though...I can do that over time. Any suggestions?