RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   New redcat cars coming? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/11133111-new-redcat-cars-coming.html)

agepag 06-26-2012 05:13 PM

New redcat cars coming?

I noticed on ebay that the price of some of there cars are really cheap, for example you can get the hurricane xte for $289 free shipping! But the backdraft is still $329? Don't make sense

NewRageRC 06-27-2012 06:35 AM

RE: New redcat cars coming?

Redcat is overstocked on some of their vehicles. Sales are one way to balance it out.

agepag 07-01-2012 07:24 AM

that's good for me! I was going to get the caldera xb 10e, but for $60 more imight as well get the hurricane xte, seems like a better car for the money. Any thoughts?

PetRock 07-02-2012 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: agepag
that's good for me! I was going to get the caldera xb 10e, but for $60 more imight as well get the hurricane xte, seems like a better car for the money. Any thoughts?
The 1/8th XTE series are actually the RedCats that get poor reviews (example) (example). If you want a 1/10th get one of the "Caldera" models, and if you want 1/8th get one that ends with "8E". Read more here.

Back to the OP: since RedCat has been reselling from three different OEMs you could go to their sites and see what's new, as a guess of what RedCat may sell next. B****cing, Himoto Racing, HSPRacing

agepag 07-03-2012 08:07 AM

Well I guess i'm going to learn the hard way.  I pruchased the Hurricane thinking it was better then the caldera since it has alot of upgraded parts, first 5 mins my servo stopped working and I hit a small rock, bent my front dogbone.  The redcat dealer was very quick to respond and is sending me out a new servo, so cutomer service is great, I just hope that parts don't start braking like in the video's you posted. We will see what the next couple of months bring.  All in all the car looks really nice (for the price) and I was very happy with the gentleman I bought it from, I think I might just upgrade some of the suspension parts and see how the car lasts.

Dads like rc too 07-03-2012 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: agepag

Well I guess i'm going to learn the hard way. I pruchased the Hurricane thinking it was better then the caldera since it has alot of upgraded parts, first 5 mins my servo stopped working and I hit a small rock, bent my front dogbone. The redcat dealer was very quick to respond and is sending me out a new servo, so cutomer service is great, I just hope that parts don't start braking like in the video's you posted. We will see what the next couple of months bring. All in all the car looks really nice (for the price) and I was very happy with the gentleman I bought it from, I think I might just upgrade some of the suspension parts and see how the car lasts.
I have the monsoon which is almost identical from a chassis point of view. Surprisingly those massive sized dogbones bend fairly easy. I think from a design point of view the pro series is an excellent line for the price. Problem seems to be the quality of the metal parts. The plastic stuff I think holds up as much as can be expected, its the metal parts that surprise you when they just snap. Its disappointing when it just fails for no apparent reason, but sometimes we forget” "myself included" that a comparable size car with this kind of power plant from any of the big name competitors all start in the $500 range.

xerxes 07-12-2012 05:12 PM

da only new redcat car out is da lightnin epx stk.

its der drift car wit a nas scar-esqe body & tires

nitrosportsandrunner 08-26-2012 12:32 PM

Redcat will have 6 new models out this fall (octoberish)
Start saving $$$ now:)

Dads like rc too 08-26-2012 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

Redcat will have 6 new models out this fall (octoberish)
Start saving $$$ now:)
I've seen the teaser pic's on their site. One of them will sell out quickly!

Shady9503 08-27-2012 07:01 PM

Where on the site did you see the pics :D im interested!!

rchobbyunlimited 08-27-2012 09:34 PM

http://www.redcatracing.com/information/rcrteasers.html

nitrosportsandrunner 08-28-2012 09:41 AM

were we supposed to show those?

The belt driven car (onroad most likely) is interesting. Belt driven cars are considered higher-end due to the increase adjustments and such.

The pic at the bottom left has me stumped. The only thing I can come up with is a motorcycle. Id be surprized if thats what it is tho.

The top left hand pic with the scale driver should be cool.

I still have my fingers crossed for another rock crawler. Kinda doubt it, but one can always hope.

Im saving so I can at least buy one of the new models.

Dads like rc too 08-28-2012 06:37 PM

were we supposed to show those?

I figured since they were only posted on the dealer page they probably weren't meant to be posted yet.

rchobbyunlimited 08-28-2012 08:59 PM

Oh OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nitrosportsandrunner 08-29-2012 02:25 PM

ORIGINAL: rchobbyunlimited

Oh OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the damage is done...lol

dads like rc too, which one do your figure will sell quickly?

Dads like rc too 08-29-2012 02:56 PM

Oh OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the damage is done...lol

I think the one on the top left, looks like some sort of desert/rally truck

Dads like rc too 08-29-2012 03:10 PM

to me, it resembles something like this http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/107108/

nitrosportsandrunner 08-29-2012 05:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

Oh OOPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the damage is done...lol

I think the one on the top left, looks like some sort of desert/rally truck
I thought that might be the one you meant.
I kinda wonder if it will be the HPI baja looking rig redcat had mentioned some time ago. The one that looked alot like the Arrma raider.

PetRock 09-17-2012 05:54 PM

I don't need any more RC cars.

I really don't need any more RC cars.

But from those teaser pics I hope one of those MT images has a core that's 4wd: preferably flat-pan bottom: 1/10th scale size with a 1/8th layout. Something like an OFNA Hyper10-TT would be tasty :) . The Caldera and Volcano layouts are OK (I've got my Caldera how I want it now after some tweaks), but a chassis that wasn't such a direct descendant from an onroad car would be nice (i.e. lose all the holes in the bottom milled out for the 6-cell packs nobody is using!).

iluvny081 09-25-2012 05:05 AM

I'd like to chime in here. has anyone noticed the monster truck looking vehicle in the bottom right photo? the shock in the picture looks like some sort of super cheap shock you would find on a radio shack type vehicle. just a 2 peice shock that uses no oil. just my observation.

nitrosportsandrunner 09-25-2012 08:23 AM

ORIGINAL: iluvny081

I'd like to chime in here. has anyone noticed the monster truck looking vehicle in the bottom right photo? the shock in the picture looks like some sort of super cheap shock you would find on a radio shack type vehicle. just a 2 peice shock that uses no oil. just my observation.
i hadnt noticed that.
does look like a 2 piece plastic shock with no metal shaft.
maybe its a mini or micro rc?
It does look to be very short.

iluvny081 09-25-2012 02:53 PM

i hadnt noticed that.
does look like a 2 piece plastic shock with no metal shaft.
maybe its a mini or micro rc?
It does look to be very short.
your probably right, so if each one of those pics represents a different vehicle. I'd say they are coming out with a touring car, a street car probably based off the new touring chassis, 2 mini's,(if you look at the middle left pic you can see the wheel is held on wiht a phillips head screw), a dessert buggy/truck, and a motorcycle. anyone is welcome to chime in if you think i'm wrong.

nitrosportsandrunner 09-25-2012 03:30 PM

pretty sure the middle left pic is a wheel nut, not a philips screw.

I was thinking the lower left pic was a bike as well. this would be a surprising release for me. Bikes are not easy to get right. And there is a smaller market for them than for on/offroads.

But if it is a bike, its a good sign IMO. I want to see redcat branch out into other areas. A boat would be cool as well.

iluvny081 09-26-2012 04:15 AM

totally agree on the boat, i believe that motorcycle pic is a drag style bike, can tell by the flat tire and what looks like a wheelie bar sticking out. who knows, it could even be a trike, kinda like the can-am spyder. guess we'll have to wait and see.

nitrosportsandrunner 09-26-2012 08:10 AM

totally agree on the boat, i believe that motorcycle pic is a drag style bike, can tell by the flat tire and what looks like a wheelie bar sticking out. who knows, it could even be a trike, kinda like the can-am spyder. guess we'll have to wait and see.
A trike, that would be a new thing.
A drag style bike would be different as well. There are a few street bikes and dirt bikes, but I cant recall any RTR drag bikes.

I wonder what scale it would be. Ive see the duratrax 1/5 bike, its huge.

Man, now Im getting pumped to see what they will have. The current line has some good stuff, but some fresh meat will be a good thing as well.
The last new model was the twisters. They are OK, but nothing new or special. The belt drive onroad I look forward to. Anyone who likes to drift knows that a true countersteer model is the way to go. But most belt drive cars (which are much easier to do countersteer setups on) are pricey. But If I can buy a sub $200 RTR and mod it to have countersteer then Id want it.