RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Redcat Racing Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/)
-   -   Redcat 1/6 scale shredder series? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/redcat-racing-support-427/11395228-redcat-1-6-scale-shredder-series.html)

Microz 02-03-2013 08:01 AM

Redcat 1/6 scale shredder series?

Hey guys. Out of curiosity, I was wondering if the 1/6 scale shredder series is any good? For example, if its durable and fun to drive? Now I don't plan on getting one just yet, I would like a 1/10 short course truck first, but I was just curious as to whether these 1/6 scales are good or not.

nitrosportsandrunner 02-03-2013 09:03 AM

RE: Redcat 1/6 scale shredder series?

depends on how its used.
some will think Im defending redcat here, but the experience ive had with large scale models comes from a 1/5 KM baja gasser.

You cannot drive them the same as a lightweight 1/10. What I mean is that a 25' high jump will mean broken parts. Models larger than 1/8 scale have alot of mass and that means broken parts when you try that. A lighter model bounces off the ground. Heavier model digs in and doesnt transfer the impact as well.

For the most part, the shredders are the same as the 8e's. Its a legthened chassis, longer center driveshafts and molded sideskirts.

Just like the 8e's, sometimes the diffs have to be shimmed. Stronger steering servo is also a good idea.

I know Im keeping my eye out for a cheap used one. The ESC/motor combo alone costs more than $100 new, and the lipos are close to that. So if you can find a used one for $200 it is a sweet deal.

I know I regret selling my earthquake 8e. The size and power of the truck were insane. The shedders are just a bigger/badder version there of.

Microz 02-03-2013 10:53 AM

Ah okay cool thanks. I would definitely not be taking them off big jumps; more of bike ramps and then taking them down to the track. So does this mean the 1/6 scales should be good since I am going to guess, the 1/8 scales are good?

BTW, how was the gasser? I am thinking of MAYBE the 1/5 scale redcat rampage XB gasser in the future, but I would hate it to be as much a pain as nitro.<br type="_moz" />

FenDogz 02-03-2013 12:55 PM

Big squid has a good review on the shredder. They put it thru some nice jumps you should check it out.<div>http://www.bigsquidrc.com/redcat-shr...course-review/
After seeing this review I'm seriously thinking of getting one.</div>

nitrosportsandrunner 02-03-2013 01:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Microz

Ah okay cool thanks. I would definitely not be taking them off big jumps; more of bike ramps and then taking them down to the track. So does this mean the 1/6 scales should be good since I am going to guess, the 1/8 scales are good?

BTW, how was the gasser? I am thinking of MAYBE the 1/5 scale redcat rampage XB gasser in the future, but I would hate it to be as much a pain as nitro.<br type=''_moz'' />
the gasser was cool....till i ran on a track along side a redcat rampage MT. That thing smoked my baja. Between the larger 30cc motor and the 4wd it was faster and totally out handled the baja.
The XT and XB are lighter than the MT, but still hold up pretty well. Most owners end up upgrading the servo/radio. But other than that I havent heard of many issues.
And you can get some cool deals on them, with upgrades and 1/5 scale RC stand included:)

Gassers are super easy to tune. And you basically tune them once, and then dont mess with tuning the rest of the year!

Nitros require alot of cleaning. The gassers do in that they are large, but its not as bad IMO as a nitro because there is not as much spray from the exhaust or spilt fuel to attract dirt. and even if you do spill some, its easier to clean gas than nitro fuel.

Microz 02-03-2013 02:26 PM

Fendogz - Cool I'll check out that review! Thanks!<div>
</div><div>Nitrosportsandrunner - Oh okay sweet thanks! I think I may save up my money for a rampage XB gasser then instead of buying a 1/10 electric short course truck. For some reason, when it comes to RC Cars, I like the fuel driven vehicles much better than the electrics, but the nitros are too finicky, and the gassers seem to be just right, but expensive. So I guess I may actually end up saving my money for a rampage XB. I'm sure many RC outdoor off road tracks allow the running of 1/5 scale gassers....the track near me has baja racing, so I would assume so. I'll still go about asking them though. So are gassers actually pretty easy to clean and maintain? How are they compared to electrics?</div>

nitrosportsandrunner 02-03-2013 03:10 PM

Fendogz - Cool I'll check out that review! Thanks!<div>
</div><div>Nitrosportsandrunner - Oh okay sweet thanks! I think I may save up my money for a rampage XB gasser then instead of buying a 1/10 electric short course truck. For some reason, when it comes to RC Cars, I like the fuel driven vehicles much better than the electrics, but the nitros are too finicky, and the gassers seem to be just right, but expensive. So I guess I may actually end up saving my money for a rampage XB. I'm sure many RC outdoor off road tracks allow the running of 1/5 scale gassers....the track near me has baja racing, so I would assume so. I'll still go about asking them though. So are gassers actually pretty easy to clean and maintain? How are they compared to electrics?</div>
I cant speak to the XB itself, but based on the baja the maintain is somewhere between my brushless and nitro trucks. So, a bit more than my brushless but not nearly as much as a nitro.
Cost is the main drawback. But you get alot of rc model. These things are seriously huge, and still very fast. 40mph for something that is 30 inches long is fast.

Once you put a tuned pipe, the acceleration goes up as well.

They are easier to clean in that you dont have as much fuel or exhaust mess on them. But harder in that there are more places to clean.

But you also dont have to do nearly as much before driving. Add fuel, put oil on air filter, start and go. Drive for 1/2 on a tank. Fill and repeat if you like.
After run: remove air filter for cleaning. Clean if you drove threw mud/water. Done. No emptying the fuel tank, or making sure the motor has no fuel in it.
You get a slight trade off in cost. The fuel is WAY cheaper.
On the other end a set of tires can run you $80. A new body is about the same. Other parts are not as bad cost wise, compared to other models.

I regret selling my KM baja. But I regret more not buying a redcat. the 4wd just makes 1/5 scalers better IMO. More traction and more control.

Microz 02-03-2013 05:16 PM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

Fendogz - Cool I'll check out that review! Thanks!<div></div><div>Nitrosportsandrunner - Oh okay sweet thanks! I think I may save up my money for a rampage XB gasser then instead of buying a 1/10 electric short course truck. For some reason, when it comes to RC Cars, I like the fuel driven vehicles much better than the electrics, but the nitros are too finicky, and the gassers seem to be just right, but expensive. So I guess I may actually end up saving my money for a rampage XB. I'm sure many RC outdoor off road tracks allow the running of 1/5 scale gassers....the track near me has baja racing, so I would assume so. I'll still go about asking them though. So are gassers actually pretty easy to clean and maintain? How are they compared to electrics?</div>
I cant speak to the XB itself, but based on the baja the maintain is somewhere between my brushless and nitro trucks. So, a bit more than my brushless but not nearly as much as a nitro.
Cost is the main drawback. But you get alot of rc model. These things are seriously huge, and still very fast. 40mph for something that is 30 inches long is fast.

Once you put a tuned pipe, the acceleration goes up as well.

They are easier to clean in that you dont have as much fuel or exhaust mess on them. But harder in that there are more places to clean.

But you also dont have to do nearly as much before driving. Add fuel, put oil on air filter, start and go. Drive for 1/2 on a tank. Fill and repeat if you like.
After run: remove air filter for cleaning. Clean if you drove threw mud/water. Done. No emptying the fuel tank, or making sure the motor has no fuel in it.
You get a slight trade off in cost. The fuel is WAY cheaper.
On the other end a set of tires can run you $80. A new body is about the same. Other parts are not as bad cost wise, compared to other models.

I regret selling my KM baja. But I regret more not buying a redcat. the 4wd just makes 1/5 scalers better IMO. More traction and more control.
Cool thanks! Yeah it looks like I'm sold on saving my funds for a redcat Rampage XB then. Should be some good fun with a 1/5 scale gasser!
<br type="_moz" />

Microz 02-03-2013 07:25 PM

I have three questions about 1/5 scale gassers if you don't mind.<div></div><div>1. When storing for the winter, do you need to remove all the fuel from the tank? I know you mentioned not having to after running, but what about for long term storage?</div><div></div><div>2. Is there a special break in procedure for the 1/5 scale gassers like there is for nitros?

3. What air filter oil should be used and where can it be found?</div>

rchobbyunlimited 02-03-2013 09:48 PM

1. When storing for the winter, do you need to remove all the fuel from the tank? I know you mentioned not having to after running, but what about for long term storage?   There is mix opions about taking the fuel out of the tank for storage some say yse and some say no I never removed fuel from mine and they have always been just fine. But then again they are so much fun are you sure you are going to be able to just let it sit a whole winter?

2. Is there a special break in procedure for the 1/5 scale gassers like there is for nitros?  Yes there is a break in but its way better then nitros. Now if you goole thiis question you will get many different answeres buat I have always just follwed this procedure with no problems. 

New engine break-in procedure</p>

1. Take it easy on the engine for the first two tanks </p>

2. Heat cycle twice, run the engine for 20 minutes and let it fully cool down</p>

3. We recommend 91 octane fuel, mixed at 25:1 Our preffered oil is Castor 927</p>

4. Let your engine warm up before driving</p>

5. Try to vary the rpms during breaking. </p>

5. DO NOT HOLD FULL THROTTLE UNTIL THE ENGINE IS COMPLETELY BROKEN IN!!!</p>

7. Do not use octane booster

What air filter oil should be used and where can it be found? You can use the same air filter oil that you would use in nitro and you can get it at your local hobby shop ebay or whereever.

But do make sure you get a good 2 stroke oil to mix with your gas you want a racing good synthetic oil  I would like to suggest you satrt with the Dunerunner instead of the XB its a much better out of the box and new to 1/5 scale you can learn the hobby learn the car and have more fun with less problem then with the XB you will be upgrading a little sooner then you would want with the tire foams, the bearings, bearing holder, chubs and a few others.
</p>

Microz 02-04-2013 03:20 AM

Okay cool thanks for your reply! Sounds easy enough to run a gasser. Also, will this air filter oil work fine? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...er-Oil-Baja-5B

nitrosportsandrunner 02-04-2013 04:06 AM

Okay cool thanks for your reply! Sounds easy enough to run a gasser. Also, will this air filter oil work fine? http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...er-Oil-Baja-5B
it will. But I had bought one in a 8 or 12oz spray can when I had my baja. The spray can made it easier to cover the filter. Also, the filter is much larger than on a nitro and im not sure a bottle like that will last very long.

Foxy 02-04-2013 07:00 AM

ORIGINAL: rchobbyunlimited

1. When storing for the winter, do you need to remove all the fuel from the tank? I know you mentioned not having to after running, but what about for long term storage? There is mix opions about taking the fuel out of the tank for storage some say yse and some say no I never removed fuel from mine and they have always been just fine. But then again they are so much fun are you sure you are going to be able to just let it sit a whole winter?

2. Is there a special break in procedure for the 1/5 scale gassers like there is for nitros? Yes there is a break in but its way better then nitros. Now if you goole thiis question you will get many different answeres buat I have always just follwed this procedure with no problems.

New engine break-in procedure</p>

1. Take it easy on the engine for the first two tanks </p>

2. Heat cycle twice, run the engine for 20 minutes and let it fully cool down</p>

3. We recommend 91 octane fuel, mixed at 25:1 Our preffered oil is Castor 927</p>

4. Let your engine warm up before driving</p>

5. Try to vary the rpms during breaking. </p>

5. DO NOT HOLD FULL THROTTLE UNTIL THE ENGINE IS COMPLETELY BROKEN IN!!!</p>

7. Do not use octane booster

What air filter oil should be used and where can it be found? You can use the same air filter oil that you would use in nitro and you can get it at your local hobby shop ebay or whereever.

But do make sure you get a good 2 stroke oil to mix with your gas you want a racing good synthetic oil I would like to suggest you satrt with the Dunerunner instead of the XB its a much better out of the box and new to 1/5 scale you can learn the hobby learn the car and have more fun with less problem then with the XB you will be upgrading a little sooner then you would want with the tire foams, the bearings, bearing holder, chubs and a few others.
</p>
This is a confusing post...first, to answer the OP...

1) No. Just shake the tank (give the whole car a good shake) before priming and running, to mix the oil again, it could have been sitting for 5 years and it'll probably be fine, provided your fuel tank closes well.

2) No, there is no break in, it makes sense to take it easy for the first 10 minutes, just to let all the seals and screws bed in from the vibration, but after that, you can start tuning straight away.

Regarding the other stuff...rchobbyunlimited, it seems you are confusing nitro engine break in with gas engine break in. Don't forget, these are ringed pistons. There is no pinch, and therefore, no need for break-in.

Heat cycling is only for pinch cylinders (nitro engines), there is no need to heat cycle a ringed engine, the ring ensures tolerance at low and high temperatures. Also, you want the lowest octane fuel you can find. Octane is a retardent, it is used in high compression engines to retard the ignition timing to prevent predetonation. These engines have nowhere near enough compression to reap the benefits of any amount of octane. The lower the octane, the smoother they will run, though I would still say just to use regular pump gas, don't go out of your way to find low octane, the difference won't be noticeable in normal running. Lastly, you don't need to warm them up, they warm up very quickly on their own, even in freezong temperatures, and the engine temperature is regulated by the built in fan under the pullstart assembly anyway. The cooler (inlet temperatures) these engines are the more power they will make (just like real 1:1 engines).

When it comes to tuning, its easy to find the sweet spot by sound. Once you have done that, check the spark plug every so often for color. If its grey and burnt, you are too lean, if its black and sooty, you are too rich. It should be a nice chocolate brown colour, if it is, your tune is good.

Microz 02-04-2013 09:04 AM

nitrosportsandrunner - Ah okay thanks. What air filter oil did you use when you had your baja?<div>
</div><div>Foxy - Ah okay thanks that makes more sense now. Oh and about your part "the lower the octane, the smoother they will run" does this mean I do not have to use premium grade fuel and can just use the regular grade gasoline that most 1:1 cars run on?</div>

Hulk1211 02-04-2013 05:24 PM

This is the air filter spray oil most 1/5ers use around here.

http://www.redcatracingshop.com/product-p/kl-607.htm<br type="_moz" />

Microz 02-04-2013 06:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Hulk1211

This is the air filter spray oil most 1/5ers use around here.

http://www.redcatracingshop.com/product-p/kl-607.htm<br type="_moz" />
Cool thanks! Is that a good air filter oil? I'm sure it doesn't matter really, but just want to make sure. Also, is redcatracingshop.com a good website to order from for redcat racing merchandise? Never heard of it before, and browsed their website, it looks like they are exclusively redcat racing items.
<br type="_moz" />

nitrosportsandrunner 02-04-2013 06:01 PM

nitrosportsandrunner - Ah okay thanks. What air filter oil did you use when you had your baja?<div>
</div><div>Foxy - Ah okay thanks that makes more sense now. Oh and about your part ''the lower the octane, the smoother they will run'' does this mean I do not have to use premium grade fuel and can just use the regular grade gasoline that most 1:1 cars run on?</div>
IDK if it will run smoother, but there aint no need of running premium. Not unless its a really built up motor running higher compression. Stock motors wont run any better on premium than regular.

Microz 02-04-2013 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

nitrosportsandrunner - Ah okay thanks. What air filter oil did you use when you had your baja?<div></div><div>Foxy - Ah okay thanks that makes more sense now. Oh and about your part ''the lower the octane, the smoother they will run'' does this mean I do not have to use premium grade fuel and can just use the regular grade gasoline that most 1:1 cars run on?</div>
IDK if it will run smoother, but there aint no need of running premium. Not unless its a really built up motor running higher compression. Stock motors wont run any better on premium than regular.
Okay sweet thanks! Oh and will regular 2 stroke oil I use in my weedeater work just fine for the oil : gas ratio? I know the ratio is probably different from my weedeater, but will I be able to use the same oil I use in that?

Foxy 02-05-2013 01:05 AM

</div><div>Foxy - Ah okay thanks that makes more sense now. Oh and about your part ''the lower the octane, the smoother they will run'' does this mean I do not have to use premium grade fuel and can just use the regular grade gasoline that most 1:1 cars run on?</div>
Absolutely.

Microz 02-05-2013 04:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Foxy

nitrosportsandrunner - Ah okay thanks. What air filter oil did you use when you had your baja?<div></div><div>Foxy - Ah okay thanks that makes more sense now. Oh and about your part ''the lower the octane, the smoother they will run'' does this mean I do not have to use premium grade fuel and can just use the regular grade gasoline that most 1:1 cars run on?</div>
Absolutely.
Cool thanks! Now time to save some funds. :D Can't wait!!!
<br type="_moz" />

Foxy 02-05-2013 04:19 AM

Here's a couple of pics of my FG and my old HPI Baja to keep your appetite up. The Baja was sold a while ago, but I still have the beetle...

http://images.rcuniverse.com/gallery.../lg-138816.jpg

http://images.rcuniverse.com/gallery.../lg-138049.jpg

There are quite a few more if you click on my name and look in my gallery.

Microz 02-05-2013 05:38 AM

Wow! Those are some nice looking cars you have there! I looked at your gallery as well for your 1/5 scales, and man they look GREAT!!! Now I'm REALLY excited to get one! They don't look very complicated to work on either...I think there was a picture of the open tranny for the baja? Didn't look too complicated at all. They must be fairly easy to work on yes?

Foxy 02-06-2013 02:59 AM

They are both horrible to work on to be honest. It's the weight that makes them difficult to maneuver. The Baja is a particularly famous car for needing almost complete disaassembly to access the smallest thing. That's a slight exaggeration, but you get my point. The redcat ones are actually easier to work on than both of these.

Microz 02-06-2013 03:21 AM

ah okay thanks. yeah I can see the weight being an issue.

Microz 02-06-2013 03:02 PM

Well...that didn't go too well. Being only 15, I asked my dad if I could save up my money for a 1/5 scale gasoline powered RC car (redcat rampage XB), and he said no. He said its because "last time you had something gas powered (it was nitro...), you dragged me into it for help with tuning and other crap....then you just sold it!" I was 10 at that time, and had no knowledge about RC or anything. Now before anyone jumps on me, yes, I do pay for ALL MY RC STUFF WITH MY OWN MONEY whether its parts, batteries, electronics, upgrades, etc. So I guess I won't be getting one for quite some years now!!![:@]Anyway, are there any other redcats which are durable and fun to drive which are electric? The 1/6 scales look like they are fun, but they don't look too durable...

nitrosportsandrunner 02-06-2013 03:11 PM

Well...that didn't go too well. Being only 15, I asked my dad if I could save up my money for a 1/5 scale gasoline powered RC car (redcat rampage XB), and he said no. He said its because ''last time you had something gas powered (it was nitro...), you dragged me into it for help with tuning and other crap....then you just sold it!'' I was 10 at that time, and had no knowledge about RC or anything. Now before anyone jumps on me, yes, I do pay for ALL MY RC STUFF WITH MY OWN MONEY whether its parts, batteries, electronics, upgrades, etc. So I guess I won't be getting one for quite some years now!!! [:@] Anyway, are there any other redcats which are durable and fun to drive which are electric? The 1/6 scales look like they are fun, but they don't look too durable...
wait 1 month, the Mirage is coming out soon. all new 1/8 scale sandrail. Brushless, 3s lipo battery and charger included.
As for the Dad situation (and me being a dad myself) I know where he is coming from. Tact is the key. Take time to slowly slip your knowledge of the differences between nitro and gas.
You dad likely knows how a weedwacker or chainsaw motor runs and how easy it is to tune. 1/5 Gassers are basically the same thing.

But to be honest, if you have only owned 1 nitro car, then a 1/5 may not be for you yet. These things to take alittle more skill to drive. The size and power means they can do some serious damage if you hit something (or someone)
Get some seat time in a 1/10 or 1/8 scale model that easy to maintain (brushless)
Brushless lacks the sound, but packs the same power (sometimes more) than nitro or gas.

Dads like rc too 02-06-2013 03:42 PM

Well...that didn't go too well. Being only 15, I asked my dad if I could save up my money for a 1/5 scale gasoline powered RC car (redcat rampage XB), and he said no. He said its because ''last time you had something gas powered (it was nitro...), you dragged me into it for help with tuning and other crap....then you just sold it!'' I was 10 at that time, and had no knowledge about RC or anything. Now before anyone jumps on me, yes, I do pay for ALL MY RC STUFF WITH MY OWN MONEY whether its parts, batteries, electronics, upgrades, etc. So I guess I won't be getting one for quite some years now!!! [:@] Anyway, are there any other redcats which are durable and fun to drive which are electric? The 1/6 scales look like they are fun, but they don't look too durable...
Don't worry, in a few years he'll be begging you to stay home and do something together.

Microz 02-06-2013 05:55 PM

nitrosportsandrunner - Okay cool thanks. Just saw the sandrail...looks AMAZING!!! I think I'll save up for one of those. Will I be able to use a 2s when I feel like going slower? I assume I would be able to. And actually, I'm the one who does all the yard work, so I tune the engines and all that...he just buys the things needed for them like gas and oil. Would you suggest after getting more 1/10 and/or 1/8 brushless experience, that I should get a couple nitros before a 1/5 gasser (years from now obviously due to the dad situation :D). <div>
</div><div>Dads like rc too - Hehehe yeah I'm sure he will. Especially since I plan on going to college in Florida which is only a small distance of 1,000 miles away! :D :D :D ;)</div><div><div>
</div></div>

Microz 02-09-2013 03:36 PM

So I'm looking for a 4wd truck that is durable and can take a beating, so would you guys suggest a Caldera 10E? Is the Caldera 10E a durable truck for bashing and running around on the track? Its the cheapest 4wd I can find, but would like to know if its even durable.

Dads like rc too 02-09-2013 04:40 PM

So I'm looking for a 4wd truck that is durable and can take a beating, so would you guys suggest a Caldera 10E? Is the Caldera 10E a durable truck for bashing and running around on the track? Its the cheapest 4wd I can find, but would like to know if its even durable.
You'll probably get better responses if you post this as a new thread, but yes the Caldera 10e is plenty durable for the price. It's not the cheapest though, that would be the Volcano EPX or EPX pro. Assuming you want brushless the EPX pro would be what you want. Personally I like the Caldera better since it is longer and harder to roll over.

Microz 02-09-2013 07:58 PM

Cool thanks! And yeah I'm sure I would get more responses by posting it as a new thread. I'm still searching, so not ready to post a new thread yet I guess.

Dads like rc too 02-09-2013 08:23 PM

Cool thanks! And yeah I'm sure I would get more responses by posting it as a new thread. I'm still searching, so not ready to post a new thread yet I guess.
No problem, if you look through the threads there is a lot of info on the Caldera 10e and the Volcano EPX pro. They're both great for the money and each has their own pros and cons. The Volcano is a little faster if that's what your going for. Personally, running the Caldera on 2s Lipo is fast enough to bash around and have a good time, while still having a little larger platform than the Volcano.

Microz 02-10-2013 05:03 AM

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

No problem, if you look through the threads there is a lot of info on the Caldera 10e and the Volcano EPX pro. They're both great for the money and each has their own pros and cons. The Volcano is a little faster if that's what your going for. Personally, running the Caldera on 2s Lipo is fast enough to bash around and have a good time, while still having a little larger platform than the Volcano.
Oh okay cool I'll look around this Redcat section for some more information. I like the larger size of the Caldera vs the Volcano, and will only be running 2s, so seems like that would be a good candidate.
<br type="_moz" />

Dads like rc too 02-10-2013 05:36 AM

Another nice thing about the Caldera is you can swap in some parts from the Earthquake since it's derived from that platform. I put the hardened diffs from the Earthquake in my sons Caldera.

Microz 02-10-2013 07:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Dads like rc too

Another nice thing about the Caldera is you can swap in some parts from the Earthquake since it's derived from that platform. I put the hardened diffs from the Earthquake in my sons Caldera.
Oh thats actually pretty cool! I didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know...that really makes me want the Caldera now.
<br type="_moz" />

Microz 04-06-2013 06:29 AM

So I realized I forgot to ask two things that are in my mind about 1/5 scale gassers, so I'll ask them here. <div>
</div><div>1. Will I need to go through and loctite anything that is metal to metal? If so, does this include the screws that have any association to the engine?</div><div>
</div><div>2. Can I use the 2 stroke oil I use in my weedwacker for the 1/5 scale as well?</div>

AmputeeRC 05-22-2019 08:57 AM

I know this is an old post but the shredder v2 with an upgraded steering servo is an amazing vehicle. Ive broke the front bumper mount and stripped the servo. Redcat replaced the servo but that went in my converted tmaxx. At 360usd its a great way to get into larger scale for cheap.